What's new

Glenn Close "Maxie" re-release on DVD? Who holds the rights to it? (1 Viewer)

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I really loved the movie "Maxie" from 1985 with Glenn Close & Mandy Patinkin and I wonder if this great movie will be re-released again anytime soon? I think it was released on DVD on MGM but then it went out of print almost directly after it's release so I never got a chance to buy it and I wonder what company who holds it's right at the moment? I also hope for a release soon. Please give you input guys. Is it FOX/MGM who holds the right? I hope someone can tell me the contact to write to to the right company so I can ask about this movie

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Orion Pictures released the film under it's own company. From 1978 to 1981 Warner Brothers distributed all of the Orion product; Beginning in 1982 Orion set up their own distribution company when it acquired Filmways, which MAXIE would have been distributed under. In 1997, Orion was sold to MGM, which retains all rights and they did release the first DVD version. With that being said, a new release would come from MGM/Fox and that will more than likely happen when pigs fly.

The only fly in the ointment is that HBO was an investor in the beginnings of Orion and have some home video rights to certain films. HBO did release the VHS and Image released the Laser disc of MAXIE. .

Good luck on a new release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks