What's new

Glee (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I always forget that network shows are available online. Maybe I'll wait until just before the series actually starts to watch.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
On Monday, there was a great interview with Ryan Murphy on Fresh Air.

Fresh Air from WHYY : NPR

From the conversation, music rights may not be a problem. Everyone they have approached has been excited about their music being used in the show. That should make it likely that the rights are being cleared for DVD upfront.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This was absolutely fantastic, but I'm worried about getting into a new Fox show that's not created by Seth MacFarlane. Not really sure about this strategy (using the Idol finale was smart, but I'd hate to see it become forgotten over the summer) but I really would like to see this show do well. Can't wait for more.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It is also available on hulu.com. I had to watch the end online since American Idol ran over (again)and it cut off at the end. Urgghhh.

I really enjoyed the pilot and am looking forward to more but am wondering, is this too different to succeed with today's viewers. Usually anything out of the ordinary fails in network TV.
Looks like Ryan Murphy has brought some of the freshness he gave to the first few seasons of Nip/Tuck. Maybe I will try his other show Popular.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's available in HD on Fox.com when you make it full screen, it seems to "clear" after a few seconds. Tremondous quality.

Really, really enjoyed it. Brutally effective left-field humor with pitch-perfect (sorry) comic timing balanced out with earnest moments at just the right junctures. I'll be tuning in come fall.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Seemed like just another network kids show to me and not for adults, or at least those of us with some age. Just too many kids shows on now and not enough shows like Boston Legal, Frasier, etc. It's just not for me or my demographic I guess.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed it, looking forward to watching this bunch of misfit underdogs fight the good fight.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

I'm not exactly a spring chicken (mid-40s) and I really enjoyed. A good show is a good show whatever the age of the characters are.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm a bit of even tougher bird ;) - in my early 50's, not a musical fan by any definition, and I enjoyed this too.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Last night I finally watched my recording. Like most others here I thought it was a delight. While I don't watch the usual teen shows usually found on CW and Disney, etc. I would classify Glee as just a good general TV, similar to other teen weighted shows like Veronica Mars and the first two seasons of KyleXY.

BTW, I'm 71.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that the series starts this Wednesday, after the new season of So You Think You Can Dance. As an aside, the director's cut of the pilot aired last week, and I thought it improved over the already-excellent episode. The cuts were a little less jarring, and the whole thing went along just a tad smoother.

Can't wait for the season.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Also, the version that aired last week is available on DVD at Walmart, along with a mail-in coupon for a free "Glee" T-Shirt and a sneak peek of this week's episode, for $5.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by EricSchulz

Also, the version that aired last week is available on DVD at Walmart, along with a mail-in coupon for a free "Glee" T-Shirt and a sneak peek of this week's episode, for $5.
When I heard about this "offer", I thought, "what a total ripoff!" I mean, a non-HD version of something they already aired on TV plus a sneak peek at a show that airs in two weeks? It's just an intelligence insulting money-grab, right? And yet, the Glee-bags at survivorsucks were on this like white on rice. I must realize that not everyone has HD. In fact, I have to get used to the fact that I'm currently one of the few people that turns their nose up at SD-DVD. I really do -- I make a sniffing sound while I do it.

And BTW, that's not the original director's cut that was floating around the web when it debuted (that one has a couple of more musical numbers).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Hanson,
When I saw your post I thought: "American Idol Season 9!" What are you going to do with no Paula?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great write up on Salon. This looks like it could be a lot darker then I imagined.. love it.

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2009/09/08/glee/

"You know, caning has fallen out of fashion in the United States," murmurs Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch), the sadistic cheerleading coach who's the glee club's No. 1 enemy. Caning works, Sue explains in her opinion segment on the local news. "And to all of those naysayers out there who say, 'That's illegal! You can't strike children on their bare buttocks with razor sharp bamboo sticks!' Well, to them I say, Yes we cane!"

And this:

But if you really want offensive, wait until Emma, who's the school's guidance counselor, discovers Rachel (Lea Michele), the star of show choir, trying to throw up in the bathroom, and warns her of the dangers of becoming bulimic. "I guess I just don't have the gag reflex," Rachel says. "One day when you're older, that'll turn out to be a gift," Emma primly responds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks