What's new

glaring differences between these receivers? are there any? (1 Viewer)

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently looking to purchase a receiver for use for both music and home theater (it's 50/50 my wife loves music, I love movies).

Now, I know the rule..."Go listen to them", which I will, or have already. What I am asking is if there is something that you feel put's one of these models ahead of behind of the others.

The models are...

Denon 3802
Yamaha 2200
Pioneer vsx 37tx

I have a budget of around $800 dollars (pref lower) so if there are any other models I am missing let me know.

I wouldn't mind doing the pre/pro option either but I'd need a viable (read nice bang for your buck) option to do so.

Thanks

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
The Denon 3802 will probably be the most recommended out of the 3 receivers. Its just a damn good receiver for the price. I've had my 3802 since xmas and I simply love this receiver. I was coming from a Sony DB930 I immediately noticed how amazing 2ch music was now. But then I tried DPLII and it was the icing on the cake. My wife noticed instantly on the first song that I played. I was playing Sade Greatest Hits and that entire album just came alive. Movies now are so dynamic. The sound just traps you into the movie. 7.1 is no gimmick, its the real deal. If you have the space I highly recommend adding some rear speakers. The Denon is a winner all around. I don't have any gripes with it except I wish it had a lower xover than 80 but thats just me. The Denon is sure to please your movie addiction and your wife's love for music.
I don't know too much information on the Yahama or the Pioneer so I hope some people will chime in. Another receiver that I see alot of people talking about is the Sony DA5ES. Might you want to check it out since its in your budget.
But my final answer would be: Buy the Denon 3802 ;)

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Oh, I forgot to mention that I got my local dealer, Tweeter, to price match with 6ave.com price. 6ave had the 3802 for $740 and since 6ave is on Denon's website as an authorized dealer, Tweeter matched the price no problem. I was really excited since Tweeter at the same time was selling this unit for a $1000. You might want to check with 6ave to see what their latest prices is on the 3802.

And the best thing is since I purchased from an authorized dealer Denon will honor the warranty. I highly recommend trying to buy from an authorized dealer than buying mail order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks