Give me three good reasons to buy a Gamecube.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KevinRB, Mar 29, 2004.

1. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

If the Gamecube price drops along with Xbox, I may consider buying one. However, I can't see why I need it other then for the sake of having it.

Can anyone give me three good reasons to buy a Gamecube? Here's some factors you need to take into consideration:

- I already own a PS2 and Xbox.
    - I don't have a GBA.
    - I never play multiplayer with friends on the same TV.
    - I'm an adult and don't have kids.
    - Try to use words other then Zelda and Metroid.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

First of all, I don't see why Zelda and Metroid, two of the best game series ever, shouldn't count.

Second, how about Eternal Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine, and the fact that it's $99 or less and the best games for it are already cheap.

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Explain - do you normally play with friends on seperate TVs/screens (ala LAN play)??

And why no Zelda or Metroid? I hated the idea of cell shaded Zelda, but once I actually played it, damn, quality game. And I played a bit of Metroid, kick-ass console FPS (and I don't like FPS on consoles, normally).

What kind of games do you like? This question must be answered for significant answers.

4. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    If you do not like the Nintendo exclusive titles, there is no real reason to buy it. I have an Xbox and a Gamecube. I bought the gamecube to play the standards, Mario, Zelda, MarioKart, Mario Party, etc... Every title that is available on both, I buy for Xbox. It's that simple. Don't like'em don't buy it.

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    what scott said. i'm keeping mine because i love metroid and zelda, and the gba connectivity. oh yeah, and for when the real sequel to mario 64 comes out.

CJ

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, Metroid Prime is one of the best games in recent memory, and Zelda is pretty damn good too. Those two were games were enough to convince me to buy a cube, but if you need more incentive, there are plenty of great cube exclusive titles. Plus, even if you don't own a GBA, you can get a relatively inexpensive GB player and have access to the large GBA library as well (including things like FF tactics Advance and Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission).

7. JoseEduardo

JoseEduardo Second Unit

RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!!!!
    GAMECUBE ONLY!!!

8. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

I bought a cube for the Resident Evil titles, and am quite happy with it. I also own a PS2, and have started to enjoy the cube a bit more. I think most of the upcoming releases on both platforms will be bought for the cube.

9. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Animal Crossing
    F Zero GX
    Resident Evil Series
    Viewtiful Joe
    Mario Kart (basically anything with mario in the title)
    Super Monkey Ball Series
    Rogue Squadron Series
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Eternal Darkness
    Wave Race
    Luigi's Mansion

and the two words you dont want to hear, but the two best resons for owning a gamecube

Metroid
    Zelda

10. KevinRB

Will that be on Gamecube?

Thanks for the Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe ideas. I forgot about them, but always wanted to try them.

What's the best "announced but not yet released" Gamecube title?

11. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

You can get Mario Kart up and running over the internet via warp pipe (tunneling, same guys who did Halo). I haven't done it but I hear it works good.

Also, Super Monkey Ball rules (either 1 or 2). It has a lot of multiplayer minigames (half the fun), but the single player is very challenging & addictive.

I have the Megaman collection disc preordered. It's also coming out for PS2 but it seems more at home on the GC for some reason...

I found Animal Crossing oddly addictive somehow...not sure why. Not normally my type of game (fighting or RPG), but I played it for about 10-20 hours.

If you do RPGs, Namco's Tales of Symphonia is due to come out on GC... my most anticipated GC title.

12. Jonathan Carter

Jonathan Carter Supporting Actor

If you aren't totally into the Nintendo exclusives like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, and depending on your gaming tastes, Viewtiful Joe and Animal Crossing, it may not be worth it for you. If you love those games though, you can't go wrong for $99 for the system.

Just don't expect to get lots of variety out of it unfortunantly. Not many platforming games outside of Mario, not many raceing games outside of NFS andBurnout, and no real RPGs to speak of.

13. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Here area few:

PIKMIN 2
    Metroid Prime 2
    Unity
    Resident Evil 4
    Wario Ware
    Tales of Symphonia
    StarFox 2
    Paper Mario GCN

14. Jonathan Carter

and Geist should be good.

15. Kelvin Tucker

Kelvin Tucker Stunt Coordinator

1. You have nothing better to do
    2. You have money to spare
    3. You want to give your Xbox a rest[/list=1]

[​IMG]

16. Bryan C

Bryan C Auditioning

Killer 7 sounds like a very interesting game as well.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes was just released and is a pretty decent reason to own a GC in itself.

Or if killing people or sneaking isn't your thing, Harvest Moon works [​IMG]

17. BrianMAZ

BrianMAZ Auditioning

Metroid. Metroid. Metroid. This perfect game is more than worth the price of Gamecube. It is the pinnacle of gaming for this generation of consoles. You don't need another reason, even though they are making another one.

18. KevinRB

Why is Metroid so much better then (insert favorite FPS here)?

19. Jonathan Carter

Metroid isn't really a FPS, I would classify it as a 1st person adventure game. It really is about as good a translation from a 2d adventure platforming game to a 3d adventure platforming game as you will find.

That said, I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of other people because it is in 1st person and some of the controls didn't really work out that well. You can't stafe at all which is a huge no-no in any 1st person game. If you play a lot of FPS like I do you may not be able to enjoy this game to it's fullest.

20. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

You know, I keep waiting for an upgrade to "Killer Instinct" or something similar [​IMG]

I gave up and put my Gamecube up in the FS area.. though doesn't appear to be going anywhere *laugh*