What's new

Girlfriend Broke up with Me. Monday. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Unless you plan on dating a 2 year old, there are always going to be leftovers from past relationships to deal with, expressed or not. Deal with it. This woman is a mother, and no matter what any new guy may want, her first priority should be protecting her kids. If her last relationship was that bad, I don't blame her for taking a step back when faced with a new relationship that apparently was becoming serious - this breakup could be nothing more than a defensive reaction to getting over her head, and how Mark reacts could well be part of the screening process, intended or not. If you are serious about the other person the main thing is to keep the communication going and be honest, both to her and to yourself.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

we are. I said so, you never want to see me again, Her reply was, I never said that. So she Just needs some time. also. Her Kids love me. they Hated, HATED the last Guy. When she had some friends over her daughter walked by and heard her talking to her friend about breaking up with me. To which her daughter said, " Mom!!! I cant Believe you did that, you are such an ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!". So I guess her kids are all sad about this.

:)

troy evans

Screenwriter
That's how she allows her daughter to talk to her? Now, that's very interresting. I know kids today say worse things, but, they should never be comfortable enough to speak that way to a parent. It happened around company also. Kinda says something, don'tcha think. Also, if that's how the kids are allowed to act, I wouldn't be cheering thier endorsement of you.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
When i was dating, i was never comfortable meeting a womans kids. I mean one or two dates, meeting the kids, and i wonder how many men had walked through like i did. Not good. How long were you two going out? If its been a few months, that makes it extra hard for you, and those kids. I also agree, my kids wouldnt call anyone an asshole. Mine are 14 and 16 now. Old enough to know the words, but they sure better never use them in front of me, or their mom!

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
The Kids dont normally act that way. I have been around them on many occasions and there has never been any type of bad language.

I guess they were Just upset.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

we'll see at my gig on May17th at the Pembroke Country Club in Pembroke ma.

Cough ( shameless Plug ) Cough

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
well about those comedy groupies. I had one find me on my myspace and
started emailing me. well she gave me her number and we meet about 2 weeks ago. Lets Just say I havent seen the light of day for a while.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Does this mean you're movin' on? If so, damn good choice. There are too many women out there. To be playing a waiting game for one is never a good move IMO.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I just caught this thread but wanted to share a story from the other side of the fence regarding a female family member who dumped her boyfriend of 2 years. Basically she had been in a prior bad relationship and was afraid of any form of commitment. She dumped the guy (that she really liked) and cried about it for months. She was embarrassed to call the guy and try to restart the relationship. The main issue was that she needed some serious professional counseling to get over her previous (bad) relationship. I was friends with the guy as well so I got to see that side of the breakup as well. I can tell you that 10x the number of phone calls were flying around on the woman's side. He called her a month later and that set off another barrage of phone calls. If you are really into someone then consider that the other party may not have been acting rationally. The woman's inability to give you a clear reason for breaking up is a big red flag. Give them a call after a month or two and see if they want to do something casually (coffee, etc.). If you catch the issue prior to a breakup, suggest that you see a relationship counselor together. If the person actually loves you then they will give that a try before the big dump. If you are just looking for a fun companion and don't want to deal with all the problems then by all means walk away...

mylan

Screenwriter
I ended up marrying the girl who dumped me to go back to her long time boyfriend who then dumped him when she figured out what she really wanted and what a real assh*le he was. We celebrated thirteen years together last September.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
hehe. Let's just say Jimmy Buffett and I go way back...

I've always considered 'asshole' to be more of a rotating obligation shared by all of humanity instead of as a descriptive adjective reserved for only a few.. That is the only way I can explain the experience we've all shared - you know - when you suddenly realized you've done something asshole-ish. It's not that we're all assholes - it's just that we all have to take turns - and once in a while you realize it while it is still your turn.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Although this may not sound possible now in your current frame of mind and state of heart, someday you'll look back at this and wonder why you ever cared for her. Or at the very least you'll wonder why it bothered you so much.

Frankly I resent the years I wasted with one girl (7 years) but that experience "shaped" me and made me the person I am today.

I don't know how old you are but from the picture it looks like you're probably in your 20's maybe 30's.

Plenty of time to find someone special. Plenty of time to find someone that loves and appreciates you and what makes you "tick."

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, this thread is a year old. If I know Mark, he's fallen in and out of love a dozen times since then. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
:laugh:

talk aout an odd thread bump, and it wasn't even Dennis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks