What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright, so far so good.

This episode was undercut with an uneasy sense of urgency for me, with only two eps left there isn't any time left to fool around, no time for games between Luke and Lorelai and no time to wrap up the shows various characters but it's doing good so far and by the end I started to feel, for the first time, good about where it's all heading.

First off, it was really unfair of Logan to issue such an ultimatum to Rory, marry me or nothing? His unwillingness to at least try a long distance relationship until Rory has some down time to herself now that she's graduated tells me that perhaps he wasn't the one for her, I was of curse hurt but under the circumstances I believe Rory made the right call. Still, it sucks that this relationship fell apart in a matter of seconds, they seemed right for each other.

Gotta say that I got a bit of a lump in my throat tonight, i've always hated when my favorite shows come to an end, it's almost like losing a friend and tonight had that "the end is near" feeling and it made me sad, and the little homage to the final shot of the Three's Company finale didn't help, that episode always get's to me. :frowning: Sure we still have one left but the feeling was still palpable.

If things end up where I think they'll end up next week i'll be in a good place with the show, all I ever wanted with all of my bitching and moaning was a worthy send-off for this show, that's all and if I get that, and i'm fairly certain I will, i'll be prepared to say goodbye to Lorelai & Rory Gilmore and the strange but lovable citezens of Stars Hollow, tearfully of course, but with no regrets.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was one of the rare times that I agreed with Logan. Trying to pull off the long distance relationship would just be prolonging the agony. However, I agree with Rory for saying no to Logan as well. The relationship just couldn't work if one was in San Francisco and one was in New York or Connecticut.

Fine episode and next week should be a nice close. And while it wouldn't make alot of sense (and can't happen due to the actors' schedules), I'd like to see Dean and Jess make an appearance. I certainly hope Paris, Doyle, Richard, Emily, April and Christopher all stop by Stars Hollow for the graduation/goodbye party though. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've never liked Logan for Rory, so I was cool with Rory's decision, and Logan's timing was horrible.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I had rewind the DVR when we saw Series Finally.
From the speech Lorelai gave Rory it almost seems Luke is not the man for her either because she does not have the "no doubt" attitude towards him.
Is the series finally only 1 hour long? I am not sure they can give this show a just ending in such a short time.

One thing I have always wondered, why is Rory's last name Gilmore?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

??? What would her last name be? Lorelei and Christopher didn't marry when Lorelei got pregnant, she had Rory and raised her on her own. Stands to reason her name would be Gilmore.

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:frowning:

Goodbye Stars Hollow.

Now that's all I wanted, a send-off worthy of this show and what it meant to it's fans and I think we got that tonight. The future is bright for Luke and Lorelai and the entire town got to say goodbye to Rory.

And no Christopher, either, which made it even better, I always knew he was a shmuck. ;)

Sad to see it go but it went out in fine form.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
As one of the threads more passionate fans I'm glad you were satisfied with the ending.

I just finished watching Buffy's "The Gift" so there's nowhere to go but up for me. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, fine end to a fine show. :emoji_thumbsup:

It's funny about that Buffy episode, Joss intended that ep to serve as the series finale if it didn't come back when the show made the switch from the WB to UPN.

He's one cruel bastard lol.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What a great episode! Almost everyone got a spotlight one last time. While Paris and Doyle got their send off last episode, I do wish that April, Gil and especially Mrs. Kim had made an appearance but those are nitpicks. After that episode, I'm glad they aren't coming back next season since it's just much more fitting that they end with Luke and Lorelai are back together and Rory is going off into the world.

A fine ending to a fine series. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, if I had to pick any one thing to see it would have been to have April show up and tell her dad that she changed her mind about they're boat trip.

But to pile on the happy endings would have been too much I think.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
40 minutes into the episode, I felt exactly like Rory and Lorelai did: not enough time, but the bon voyage party made my eyes water a little bit, as did the final breakfast at Luke's, with the same pullback shot from the pilot episode 7 seasons ago with Lorelai talking with Rory, but for the last time for mother and daughter on a regular basis.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The very last shot of the episode had some echoes of the final episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and George were sitting in the jail cell and began talking about the button's on George's shirt, which as any die hard Seinfeld fan knows is the very first conversation they ever had on the show in the pilot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm generally pretty stoic but Emily saying how proud she was of Rory got me a little bit.

I only started watching this show about a year and a half ago (via DVD) and I absolutely fell in love with it. I'm very pleased to see them go out with a great episode. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm very glad to hear the show ended well. I only saw bits and pieces of last season and none of this one. I was too worried about what would happen with the creators gone, plus which the CW/WB thing resulted in the show getting moved to a channel with marginal picture quality. But now I can finish catching up on the series on DVD (I already have the first five seasons) secure in the knowledge that it all came to a satisfying conclusion and that both Rory and Lorelei escaped the clutches of the stupid, annoying men the writers kept pushing on them. :)

Regards,

Joe

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I had mixed feeling after watching the ending, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. Just a good calm ending with no gotchas or gimmicks.
They did what they needed to make sure life continues in Stars Hollow.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watched it tonight with a fellow fan (can't believe I managed to wait! :)) and think it was a great end to a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks