What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
quote:I still can't stand Rory and Dean anymore.

We only have to wait one more year for Rory to enter her "experimentation phase".
biggrin.gif

And I have to say it, I think that the writing for both Taylor and Paris has become too broad and caricaturish. They both need to be given some depth and we've just had two opportunities for this wasted (Asher's death and the election). The whole sex noise talk with Paris was very annoying (in a classic Paris manner) and Taylor's concession speech was just obnoxious. I suppose Taylor could change a bit in an upcoming episode, but at this point these characters are coming across as inhuman. Soften up a bit, you cruel robots!

Brad

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Rory and Dean won't last much longer. But it is getting painful. All signs point to -->

No way!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/19/04

Something is terribly off this season. The snappy dialogue is there, but there is no joy in Stars Hollow.

Lane and Zach are still sniffing around each other, though Zach's timetable is on a scale molasses going uphill.

Will Emily and Richard find their way back into each other's lives? The panic room was pretty silly, but fitting with Emily's character.

The double date of Luke/Lorelai and Dean/Rory goes badly as Luke gives off attitude because he fears Dean will break Rory's heart again.

Only Kirk appears to be really happy lately, and that's just weird.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lorelai was pretty cute playing panic room product model and sitting on her couch with her glasses.

Dean and Rory's attempt at a relationship is a square peg in a round hole, showing that it sometimes takes more for things to work than two people being interested or even in love.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Great dialog in last night's episode.

I had to pause the Tivo until I stopped laughing when Lorelai mentioned her "Gas, Grass or Ass: Nobody Rides for Free" t-shirt. I remember that slogan on license plate frames and bumper stickers, but not t-shirts.
laugh.gif

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/26/04 "Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant"

This episode was also weird in tone. This season just seems "off" to me, still. I mean, the zingers are there, but they don't quite zing, perhaps it's in the delivery this season. I just don't have that sense of joy from the characters yet.

I really hope Logan isn't the one that Rory drifts towards, but I fear he will be.

Dean will soon be a footnote, toiling away at Doose's.

It was also strange that both Emily and Richard did not inform Lorelai and Rory that dinner was off. It is very out of character for both of them.

I'd forgotten how short the editor was, but even Rory towers over him. And what is with the tight tops Rory's been sporting lately?

I thought Luke was going to drop-kick Kirk back to the stone age in his Weiner outfit.

Sookie was getting on my last nerve. The Norman Mailer subplot was truly bizarro.

Now Rory putting her foot down on her father reaching out for Lorelai demonstrated some good backbone for Rory, she's definitely growing up. Someone should tell Christopher to go look in the E.R. for Sheri.
biggrin.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Logan is just another Tristan, so I'm also hoping it's not going there.

The preview for next week seems even more bizarro, but I guess that's what you get when you delve into the secret society.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
This season does have a different tone, it's not all happy happy joy joy, which isn't a bad thing.

Next week should prove interesting, it will test how much love Rory has for Dean vs pure sexual attraction.

I think Richard will be estatic if he ever finds out about Rorys adventure next week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Previews showed that

Spoiler:it might be a bit Rory-centric in that it shows Logan taking Rory through secret society's hijinks, a bit of dare and risk-taking for Rory.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:And what is with the tight tops Rory's been sporting lately?
Juding from my morning walk through the Harvard campus every day, it's just how girls that age with Alexis Bledel's figure dress. Of course, you also have to consider that she's in a lot of scenes with Liza Weil, whom they appear to costume in a way to disguise her actual age.

Amusing aside for me - just where is Star's Hollow, again? If it's twenty minutes from Yale (as has been mentioned before), that makes it a couple hours' drive to Christopher in Boston. I'm sure they think that's nothing writing the show in California, but us New Englanders get impatient if it takes more than a half hour to get somewhere.

Phil_L

Second Unit
quote:I'm sure they think that's nothing writing the show in California, but us New Englanders get impatient if it takes more than a half hour to get somewhere.

Amen to that!

SarahG

Second Unit
I have tivo'ed the heck out of this show to get caught up...a lot of my friends totally dig it!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you like it well enough the first season can be purchased now and the second season is set for release 12/7. That should free up some space on your Tivo.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/2/04 "You Jump, I Jump, Jack"

Luke gets put through the ringer with a dinner with Emily, and then a golf outing with Richard. Luke is so in over his head, but he's taking the body shots like a champ. Lorelai does her best to keep Luke from taking on the abuse, but Luke is resolute. Richard is trying to make Luke "presentable" to the rest of the club should Luke and Lorelai get to the next level of their relationship by suggesting that Luke franchise his diner along the eastern seaboard, but Emily doesn't think Luke is good enough for Lorelai.

Lane and Zach are giving it a go as Zach finally comes around to the idea of dating, in spite of having to share their apartment with the guy with glasses (I never can remember his name).

In pursuit of her story, Rory is blindfolded and taken to the secret society's "camp" where they do strange things, like leave out "e's" in words when they speak. Later Rory takes a risky jump off a perfectly good platform with Logan, and the exhiliration makes Rory more open to taking chances.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
The best episode of the season so far. Finally Emily and Richard are back, I missed them in the last few episodes. Rory's adventure was great! Now, that is was I call a secret society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks