What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/28/04

So 7 weeks whiz by and Rory and Emily finally come home. Lorelai appeared to be a wreck during the time, while throwing herself totally into the inn, driving Sookie crazy. Poor Michel, those kids were really working him over.

Lane's crush on Zach was finally exposed by one of his groupies.

Luke finally extract himself from his sister's fair environs now that she's healed up, though his brother-in-law is still trying to play that broken wing card.

Rory has Lorelai deliver a letter to Dean (stating she will bow out of the situation), and, of course, Lindsay finds out and she throws him out of their place. Lindsay and her mom run into Rory and Lorelai and Lindsay's mom rips Rory a new one. Dean isn't feeling all that charitable towards Rory when she comes to see him.

Yep, life in Stars Hollow is in full swing.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That thing with Lane and Zach threw me. I was really not expecting that, but maybe that was the point?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Dave (Adam Brody AKA Seth on The O.C.) isn't coming back to Stars Hollow anytime soon, so Lane's got to fixate on someone else, so there's Zach...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't really see it, either. I think it would be kind of funny if what they were mistaking for sexual tension is just that Lane and Zach really, really irritate each other.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The L.A. Meet's visit to the Warner Bros. studio included stops at the back lot used for the Stars Hollow town square and the soundstage set for the Gilmore Mansion. Our guide was listing all the movies that used the back lot but all I could think was, "Ooh, there's Luke's! Ooh, there's Sookie's house! Ooh, there's Mrs. Kim's antique shop!" "What's this Music Man crap she's talking about?" :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The ABC Family Channel will be having a backstage look at Gilmore Girls on Sunday night.

~T

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was pretty standard promo fare, but where the hell was Sookie? There was no mention of the character or the actress whatsoever. Strange.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Huh? Sookie still works at the Dragonfly Inn. She had a bit part in the beginning of the last episode.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I was referring to the "backstage" thing on ABC Family. The program brought in the cast, including those who play Miss Patty and Kirk but no Sookie. Understandable if the actress wasn't available, but they didn't even mention the character.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
quote:The L.A. Meet's visit to the Warner Bros. studio included stops at the back lot used for the Stars Hollow town square and the soundstage set for the Gilmore Mansion. Our guide was listing all the movies that used the back lot but all I could think was, "Ooh, there's Luke's! Ooh, there's Sookie's house! Ooh, there's Mrs. Kim's antique shop!" "What's this Music Man crap she's talking about?"

Ha, Cameron, I thought I was the only one.

Our tour guide did confirm that this is the last season of GG because it's just too expensive to produce for the meager audience it pulls in.

Rob

Phil_L

Second Unit
quote:Our tour guide did confirm that this is the last season of GG because it's just too expensive to produce for the meager audience it pulls in

Are the tour guides really privy to such network maneuvering?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Last season? You're breaking my heart!

I usually pride myself in catching most of the pop culture references on the show, but there were at least two in this episode that flew right over my head. Dick Shawn (from Rory in reference to an untimely heart attack) and Mike Todd (from Paris speaking of Asher dying at the height of her passion). Any insight here?

Lauren Graham looked especially attractive in this episode, perhaps because she was smiling alot.

Brad

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dick Shawn was an actor who died from a heart attack while on stage doing stand-up.

Here's an article referencing Mike Todd from an interview of his son, and how Todd was old when he married Elizabeth Taylor.

Overall, Luke and Lorelai finally getting together seems rather tepid, but sweet, perhaps too sweet. The town trying to run their love life is pure Stars Hollow, though.

Emily is totally off her rocker, but she had that rocker built, so she should sit in it.

I really hope Rory doesn't fall for snob boy. But Marty isn't a good suitor for her either.

Phil_L

Second Unit
quote:But Marty isn't a good suitor for her either

I actually would like to see her with a nice guy like Marty. Seems less complicated than Dean, at the moment anyway. I would also hate to see her with the snob guy, he's just Tristan part II.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks