What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd get the best mother-daughter dramedy on TV thread started.

Rory's a homewrecker, and Luke and Lorelai may be giving into to that incredible chemistry they share.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I had no idea it is on tonight. It looks like I'll have to start watching Last Comic Standing on another night.

A few weeks ago, I got to visit the town of Stars Hollow and the sets of the dorm room and dining hall of Yale. It was pretty cool.

~T

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Some people in my class this morning were talking about One Tree Hill and I happen to casually mention "I like Gilmore Girls myself" and all of the heads on the row next to mine turned to me. Is it so hard to believe that a guy could love this show? It got a good laugh at the end of the conversation. Gilmore Girls is the most consistently great one hour network drama on television right now with The West Wing (the real one) gone, Angel gone, and Alias gone down the crapper last season. I'm gonna burn this one to a DVD+RW with my new Phillips DVDR75 baby. More screaming naked Kirk please. (Those familiar with the show should know what I'm talking about. Those who aren't will think I'm gay)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

:) Oh how I love Emily.

A solid season premiere. What was going on with the shutterspeed though? Did anyone else notice how extremely high it was? I felt like we had slipped into C.S.I: Stars Hollow

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
They need to be careful how they handle Dean at this point. The way he treated Lindsey was horrible, and damages his character, and then in turn damages Rory for having feelings for him. They need to dial that down a notch.

This episode just felt like they were stalling, not wanting to really deal with the issues they built up at the end of last season. There were some fun moments (Gilmore Girls always delivers the funny), but I really wanted some closure after waiting four moths through the Girls' only true cliffhanger.

To end on a positive note, loved the way it ended! I love that they're not shirking Luke and Lorelai. They're handling that story very well so far.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Was that the Marilyn Monroe dress that Lindsey was wearing at the end? I thought it was. Yea you're right Chad, Dean treated Lindsey horrible when he got home that night.

Lorelai played that card pretty well to make Rory go to Europe. Nicely played there.

Anyways, I'm glad this was back and man are my Tues nights full of tv again. I need to go outside...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
See, that's what I thought the brilliant part of the show was - we've been predisposed to like Dean and look down on Lindsey for the past year, but now we get the other perspective, where Lindsey is not just a controlling shrew but actually loves Dean and wants to make their marriage work.

The whole episode was like that, changing perspectives - we ended last season with Lorelei's disdain at finding Rory and Dean, but this one starts by rewinding to show us the sweet, happy moment. Similarly, I don't think we've ever seen Emily as uncontrolled as she was in her first scene.

As to damaging Dean and Rory's characters - they screwed up, big time, and really, it's sort of about time Rory fell flat on her face in a big way; she's been so perfect since episode one that she could have become insufferable if something hadn't happened to take her down a peg.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering how they were going to handle the "summer" break since they picked up on a minor cliffhanger for the season premiere. Having Lorelai pack Rory off to be with Emily in Europe should be good medicine.

As to Rory's turn to the horny side, I'm reminded of lyrics from Sarah McLachlan's "Stupid"

Overally, a good episode to deal with what happened at the end of last season, and to clear some of the slate with some perspective for this season.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I wonder how many viewers dialed Luke's cell phone after the episode (it wasn't a 555 number). I haven't searched anywhere on the net yet, but I suspect they set up a real number with a message to fans somewhere.

And speaking of Luke, why does he have to go help his sister and her husband? Where's that ne'er-do-well son of hers gotten off to now.

And finally, Taylor needs to get laid. :D

Brad

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Very Eww.

I no longer have access to a TV or time to watch when I'm in college, so I'm pretty much stuck to reading recaps for Gilmore Girls (but when ALIAS starts... I plan on working SOMETHING out...) as of now...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Of course all shows BUT GG would record properly!!! Ergg. I guess I'll have a chance to see it at some point, but it was a big letdown for being the first show to check when I got home.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I agree. Plus Lindsey looked especially fetching in the Marilyn Monroe dress ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anyone else think it strange for Taylor to state having a 6.5 shoe size while holding a shoe CLEARLY not that small?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks