What's new

Gilmore Girls 5/6/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, Rory's senior prom prospects are looking very grim. Here's hoping someone steps in and salvages a rotten way to end Rory's senior year.

The episode was basically the springboard to "The Mariano Men" pilot for Rob Estes and Milo Ventimiglia (Jess).

Lorelai and Sookie were just so tacky in the manner in which they tried to secure the Dragonfly Inn. Vulture much, Lorelai?

Luke got to chew some serious scenery in this episode.

Dave was pretty cool for a fool in love. He definitely earned his prom date with Lane.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Defintely an offbeat episode, I did not care for the funeral storyline, it was very tacky and out of character for the show.
Looks like Rory was/is finally wising up to Jess, leaving her free to rome at Yale next year.

Perhaps Dean will accompany Rory and his Fiance to the Prom?;) Doubtful, I would say she goes with Mommy, although Kirk would be a fun 2nd choice. What about a cameo by the old nemesis Tristen for this honor?

I liked the Lane storyline, she is a terrific young actress and the strong musical backdrops to her character energize this show.

John Chow

Second Unit
Hm...I guess it means that Rory would really have to go to the Chilton prom, since in order to go to the Star's Hollow prom she'd have to get invited by someone from Star's Hollow. As such, it seems like her chances of going to any prom may be fairly minimal.

I totally dig the Lane storylines. I'm glad she's gotten more airtime recently. Dave's nonstop rant was pretty hilarious, although I wonder if his 'read the bible in one night' thing was for real or a scam. I know if it was me, the first thing I'd do is go googling for the quote :p)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Rob Estes's imitation of Jess was eerily good. He had Jess's ticks and mannersim down pat. However that doesn't bode well for the new series--a full bodied character needs more than attitude, ticks and mannerisms to carry a show and that's all that Jess has been so far (if you can't tell I'll be glad to see him go).

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Jess' dad had the same mannerisms as he does.

I was disappointed by the way Jess left. Rory deserves better than that.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks