What's new

Gilmore Girls 10/7/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rory isn't pleased when Emily decided to play interior decorator in her dorm suite.

The dorm party was a little shrill due to Paris.

The scenes between Lorelai and Sookie were a bit painful to watch as they try to figure out how to make their temporary catering venture work.

Will we ever hear that 4th roommate speak?

Rory and Lorelai's conversations didn't seem to have that patented GG vibe/punch to them.

But still, the episode was better than over half of what I normally watch.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
It was good to see Lanie make a brief cameo as well, looks like she is going to a local Korean College. We also got a glimpse of the future love interest of Rory on the floor naked after the dorm party.

The catering business seems like a good idea to bridge the time before their own inn becomes a reality.

I liked that surround sound and plasma system that Grandma had hooked up for Rory :emoji_thumbsup:

Lorelie needs a man in her life soon.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I liked this episode a lot better than the first two of the season, but they are still spending way too much time setting up future events (e.g. the whole "Digger" subplot). The college and kids parties were both a hoot, though, which is why this episode has the edge over its predecessors.

Regards,

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Lorelie needs a man in her life soon.
You did notice Chris Eigeman in the opening credits, right? :) As a graduate of the Whit Stillman School of Reciting A Lot Of Dialog, he might even be able to actually get a word in edgewise with her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to see that guy who partners up with Richard in the opening credits. I know I've seen him on other comedies, and I think he was in "The Last Days of Disco". Searching...searching...ah, the new guy's name is Chris Eigeman.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Rory gets a nifty new haircut for the next ep! Makes her look more grown up/Ivy League.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't like that shorter cut on Rory.

Oh, if anyone cares, I spotted Milo (Jess) on Boston Public, and he appears to have a small recurring role (as undercover cop who looks young enough to pass for high schooler).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Rory and Lorelai's conversations didn't seem to have that patented GG vibe/punch to them
That’s what I thought too Patrick. It might pick up, as we have seen plenty of one-sided telephone conservations by Lorelai that had the zip. But the rhythm was just missing in the dialogue here.

The new BF was apparent well before he was naked in the hall. At least one shot had him isolated in the background, with the lighting picking him out—all with Rory in the foreground. The new partner is just too obvious—the more so as Mom already hates him.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I still like the show, but they've changed too many things at once. Lorelai leaving the independence inn, Rory going to college and consequently not living at home. They don't walk around Stars Hollow anymore--the town has pretty much gone to the wayside. They can change a few things gradually, but doing it all at once is a bit jarring.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that they don’t have to contrive a reason for the two to meet every week (other than the obligatory dinner). A big part of the charm of the show was the chemistry between them and how they related to the outside world. The plots will have to be forced to keep that up.

It is probably a little early to judge how Stars Hollow and the residents will fit into the plots—I’ll wait and see on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks