Gilligan's Island

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bryan Krantz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bryan Krantz

Bryan Krantz Stunt Coordinator

Now that I have completed my collection of Gilligan's Island broadcast episodes, I was thinking that I would like to have the 3 reunion movies as well. I purchased a cheapo "Rescue from Gilligan's Island" DVD, but was very disappointed with the quality. Is there any chance of the 3 reunion movies (RESCUE FROM GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, CASTAWAYS ON GILLIGAN"S ISLAND, and HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS ON GILIGAN'S ISLAND) being collected? Call me a completist, but I would like to see these restored on DVD and released.

2. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I would like to have these as well... I am still a little behind on Gilligan's Island... Still need Season 3.

3. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

The best chance would be for a company like Anchor Bay to license them from for release as a set, since all three seem to have different production companies behind them, rather than one large studio, like Warner Bros.

I believe Rescue is a public domain title, which is why its available (in crappy form) from several suppliers.
    I have all three WB seasons sets, and would buy a properly-released set, or individual releases, of the three TV-movies.