Ghostbusters tv show dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jacob w k, Oct 13, 2002.

1. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

With every new show being released on it seems being released on dvd now has anyone heard of the old Ghostbusters cartoon being released on dvd. I would love to see those old shows and relive my childhood somewhat.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'd probably buy it myself...it was a favorite on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Don't you mean "The Real Ghostbusters"? [​IMG]
    I also used to love this cartoon. Let's hope it makes it to DVD.

4. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I'd probably buy The Real Ghostbusters on DVD (I watch this show during the 1980's) but only if released on DVD in season-by-season format.

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I'd buy all of The Real Ghostbusters episodes on DVD, with no hesitation at all. Funny this thread pop up today, since this week I've been re-acquainting myself with episodes of the show, and I'm remembering how excellent it was. Many of the episodes were wonderfully written, and with pretty clever writing for a youth-oriented program. It's terrific, even watching them now. While it's a lot different from the movie, it's outstanding on its own, and one of my favorite cartoons from when I was younger. I'd love for Columbia/TriStar to release some DVDs, I'm sure these would sell better than many of the other animated shows of the 80s which have come to DVD.

6. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    The only episode which really sticks out with me is the one with the boogie man who moves in between childrens' bedrooms through their closets. I remember watching The Real Ghostbusters religiously every Saturday morning until Peter's voice changed and Slimer became a prominent Ghostbuster. I sorta lost interest then, but I'd love to see them all again.

7. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

8. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

60 epsiodes! That must have been a long season.

9. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Yes, Season 2 was long - 65 episodes! Nearly half of the entire show aired that fall, when it was running daily.
    Here's an episode guide: http://epguides.com/RealGhostbusters/
    There were 140 episodes altogether, and while season sets might not be very convenient (Season 7 has 4 episodes, Season 4 has just 8)...they could just put together 4 box sets of 4 discs each, chronologically, and I'd be thrilled. [​IMG] [​IMG]