What's new

Ghostbusters Special Edition (Merged)? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Consider it bought!

Now if Columbia thinks that including 2 animated episodes with this collection will be enough however, they are sorely mistaken... season sets are long overdue!!

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I'll wait for the inevitable comparison reviews before picking it up, but this could be what I've been waiting for. I know I said to hell with any extras, but 2 eps of 'The Real Ghostbusters' is a nice touch.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...from VIDEO BUSINESS DVD Exclusive. May 9, 2005:
(interview with Ivan Reitman, being asked about re-doing commentaries:)
---
DVDX: So you prefer then to do a commentary looking back with a little distance from the film?
REITMAN: I actually like that. I've been able to do it lately, because there has been a great resurrection of my first decade of work. Meatballs, we're going to come out with a new version of that pretty soon. And of course we're doing Stripes now. We did Animal House and both Ghostbusters. I think we're in the midst of talking to Universal about the group of Schwartzenegger movies I did, because they're really interested as well.

DVDX: The Ghostbusters are great DVDs but they're now a few years old. Do you think there's any chance of updating those?
REITMAN: Yeah, we're talking about a new edition of at least the first Ghostbusters, that's everybody's sort of favorite. Now that I did this on Stripes, I see how much better the transfer is. I think the sound was already pretty good five or 10 years ago, but visually there has been tremendous improvement. Especially with high-def coming in the next year or two in a serious way, there's even more to do.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Meatballs coming soon too. Fantastic. Getting the Ghostbusters 2 pack & waiting now for a date for Meatballs.:emoji_thumbsup:

walter o

Supporting Actor
I remember someone on another board noticing a music rights issue with the original MEATBALLS DVD, where the song "Meatballs" by Rick Dee's was not heard on the english track, but when you switch to the Spanish track, it was there. So hopefully they will correct this in the new DVD.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
at sony home entertainment

how about adding the teaser and trailers for both films in there true cinema scope aspect ratio of 2.35:1. this would be really cool since the teaser for ghostbusters isn't available on dvd and second the quality for all trailers suck.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
GYEAH!!!

Meatballs was one of the special edition wishlist titles I'd posted numerous times about...

I can't wait for details to come of that!!!

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
It would be nice if they could give us a bigger version of the entire special features box and not just the part about the TV episodes.

JayHM

Stunt Coordinator
I can make out the words "Deleted Scenes", and I would assume these are just for GB 1.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I would like to see Ray Parker Jr.'s "Ghostbusters" music video for the first film, and Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" for the second. As stated earlier in the thread though, it sounds like music rights are a problem, at least for the first one. Either way, I'm definitely getting this giftset, especially since I never did purchase the existing releases.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Please Sony, include at least some extra material on Ghostbusters II. Believe it or not, there are fans of that film.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I would much prefer seperate releases of GB 1 & 2, but I figured they had to package them together to get anyone to really buy 2.

I would like to have anamorphic for GB1, but I'l have to see what the street price is going to be before I replace my current DVD. I'd like to not spend more then $14, but since I really just want the one movie, $10 would be better.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
So basically if you have both films already, and you should, then it's $19.99 SRP for two episodes of the show. Not so great. I'd gladly pay that for a Special Edition of "Ghostbusters II" and much more for collections of "Real Ghostbusters" episodes, but it doesn't sound like this is either. Oh well. Missed opportunity for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks