What's new

Ghost Whisperer - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, the promo for next week shows we haven't seen the last of Jim. (I haven't read the interview linked to above, so I'm only going on what's been seen on-screen.) And the promos for this week made it more than clear what was going to happen, so I guess people just weren't that surprised.

And, of course, the "shadow scene" last year strongly hinted that a main character was going to die. Combined with the warning Melinda has received since (repeated several times in flashbacks and "previously on" segments) the death would "brush off on something she touches" the shadow scene was strong evidence that Jim was going to be toast.

Certainly from a story standpoint a single-and-available Melinda offers more possibilities than a happily-married-and-possibly-pregnant Melinda. And a ghost husband might also be interesting - a least for awhile. I'm mostly curious to see how this develops, because I've been expecting it too long and was too thoroughly "spoiled" by the previews for it to have been any kind of shock when it finally happened.

(This thread doesn't have enough pictures. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't watch previews, so all I have is the episode. I was fooled by reading the producers saying Conrad was staying around (though, I suppose they weren't lying), though I knew his positioning was all wrong for a guy in a hospital bed when he was talking to Mel. She must have been in denial at that point, because she has always been able to tell the difference between the living and the dead.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Well, I have been meaning to post here on this. I was thinking that the promo was the typical lurid teaser that ended being misleading. Whoa, was I wrong. I am not sure what this will do to the story overall...Jim was becoming irritating to me as the perfectly impossible model husband....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This show is really fantasy for women--strange that it's all guys watching it on this forum--but I think they really valued that impossible model. Hey, he isn't as bad as the guy in Sally Forth. In the interview I linked, Conrad doesn't sound too thrilled with his character, either.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, the demographics for this forum do skew heavily male, so that's mostly who discusses everything around here. And, as we've both noted, there is plenty of fantasy material on GW for guys, as well.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But yeah, Jim could be a bit hard to take. Tough-guy, has one of those cool and dangerous (yet non-violent) jobs, good-looking and yet he could give Alan Alda and Phil Donahue sensititivity training. Plus he got to boink Melinda all the time. Come to think of it, I'm glad he's dead, and I wish the bastard had suffered more. :D

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Invasion of the Body Snatcher! Despite their protestations, it sounds to me like Conrad is on the way out--probably because he is tired of the role--and this is all an elaborate way to recast the role. He'll look like a new guy, be fuzzy on details for a while, and suddenly she's back with Jim in a new body. I hope this is just how things look, because if she isn't happy with him hanging around as a ghost, she really can't like him taking over a dead body.

Either way, they got me watching it on Friday night again instead of holding it until Sunday afternoon.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The last two eps were like tear gas to me! :frowning:

I liked Jim, he and Melinda had the best marriage on television and I still can't believe that he's gone.

Oh, another thing, thanks CBS for pulling off something I thought impossible...Biff made me cry!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

More like Heaven Can Wait or even Quantum Leap, with Melinda seeing Jim and everyone else seeing his actual body, at least at the moment. ("You're the quarterback.")

Hard to see exactly where they're going with this, but they have succeeded in shaking things up a bit. I did like Jim having fun messing with things as a ghost. After hearing all this stuff for so long and seeing the manifestations it must have been cool to try his own hand at setting off an alarm clock and turning on the lights.

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Everybody here come back for the new ep last night?

Jamie Kennedy is beginning to grow on me, I guess it's because he's starting to grow into his new ability and use it as Melinda does, he seemed very satisfied at the end when he crossed that incredibly attractive ghost over.

Who was that actress btw?

Also glad that Delia is now onboard with Melinda and her ability.

I do wish that Jim would hurry and remember that he's Jim already, although the appearance of Teri Polo will complicate things to be sure.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Always a pleasure to see Teri Polo!

Reasonable return, but not enough gratuitous JLH boobage...

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
This show is way to scary for me to watch.:eek: JK, JK, I watched the first season but after that I just stoped watching it. Don't know why, Just did.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, he's growing on me too. I guess they figured they had to include a new character that had some sort of ghost "communication" abilities since they knew Melinda's character would be tied up trying to make Jim remember that he's Jim for most of the season .....

And the actress was Kaylee DeFer. She was the one thing worth watching on "The War At Home" on Fox for a couple of seasons!

Bryan

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm getting more used to Jamie Kennedy, too. But I'm not crazy about the guy playing the body of the "new Jim". Presumably at some point the two are going to integrate into one person, and Melinda is going to stop seeing her dead husband. When that happens, we're going to be left with the new actor who we really haven't seen very much of (can he act? I can't remember) and who is a 6 to JLH's 10. While this might give some of us hope, in TV terms it really doesn't work.

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought the stated idea was that we'd always see Jim. The new dude is pretty average looking, as you say. Meanwile, Jim should be Hal Jordan. :angry:

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Sam (a.k.a. the new Jim) is played by Kenneth Mitchell - who was a regular on "Jericho". (He played Eric, the brother of Skeet Ulrich's character.) He had a beard for most of the series, so he does look a little different on Ghost Whisperer.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

You really don't like when people share their opinions on this forum do you? I'M NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU AGAIN. Understand? For a man who claims to not like internet squabbles you really seem to be good at starting them. Intresting.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Spartan;

Everyone can have an opinion and is free to post. However, you should actually be watching the show that is being discussed. You said you haven't watched Ghost Wisperer since the first season so you really don't have much to add to a season 4 thread.

How would you feel if I went into the arrested development threads and make a post that said:

"I watched one episode way back and really hate it. This series was completely over rated"

It serves no purpose other that to stir up trouble. I have noticed a lot of your post are just like my hypothetical quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks