What's new

Ghost Rider...can you believe this? (1 Viewer)

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Browsing through Cinescape today, I found this article..

insane article

What the F$%$? What is wrong with the mind of FX people in Hollywood? If ever there was a positive, potentially perfect use of CGI..it would be this effect. They overuse it immensely in regards to effects that, IMO, it shouldn't be used for and dont use it for situations where its use would be perfect. Subtle ...subtle

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That article doesn't prove that red hair is going to replace flames. It notes repeatedly that the make-up is trial makeup. The red hair could be nothing more than a way to physically conceptualize how the flames might be placed on the skull.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Edwin on this one. That looks like the partial FX, a visualization to be either replaced or seriously supplemented by CGI.

It also might represent some stunt makeup or long camera shots.

Keep in mind the reaction people were having to the Nightcrawler makeup photo that came out about 3-4 months ago, and then how it actually looks in the X2 trailers.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hang on a second, I swear I saw that mask in a catalog for purchase over a year ago. I think this is a joke.

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
My Eyes! They Burn! That had best be some cheap rubber haloween mask. I mean come on! The most memorable aspect of Ghost Rider was his flaming head, not some stupid locks of red hair. And even if they are using a mask for the ghost rider, that is a pretty lame idea because they should be able to create a much more realistic looking skull on the computer.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Cage has been down lately (good in Matchstick Men though), but I think he could fit this character well. He can play tough, he can play moody. He might be older for it, but that won't bother me.

I found that bike photo on my own and came to post it, but you had already done it a few days ago. Looks really solid, if they can capture that look on film with a guy riding the thing looking like Ghost Rider with a flaming head...super cool.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Badass.

I hope they do this one up right. I've been looking forward to a Ghost Rider movie since the early 90's.

Maybe it'll finally be time to unload my old GR comic run... :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've never read the books, but this film sounds damn cool!

So is the test make-up confirmed? It looks AWESOME;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw that mask, that same exact picture on a AICN Ghost Rider scoop about 2 years ago.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
There was a stunt man there in full leather gear and a fluro green head mask which is what they will obviously use to do the CG later.
So clearly that test mask from way back when will have all sorts of CGI going on with it.

Another set report has a scene in which GR drives the bike up the side of a building and is shot off it or something. Sounds like lots of scenes between GR and cops. They also described the stunt man approaching the bike "on fire" probably like the pix above, so that's probably very close to what it will look like in the film during action scenes.

The plot might still suck, but at least some aspects sound very cool. Cooler than I'd ever expect a GR film to be, like I'd ever have expected one anyway.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So clearly that test mask from way back when will have all sorts of CGI going on with it.
I really think that Mask pic was bogus because (as I mentioned two years ago) I know I have seen that very same mask for sale before...in fact I'm pretty sure it was in the back of a Fangoria mag in the mid 80's.

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
"So big, in fact, that the actor sports a tattoo of the Ghost Rider's flaming skull on his arm. Makeup artists had to cover it for the film. Says Johnson: "The irony is we had to remove Nic's Ghost Rider so he could play Ghost Rider."

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks