What's new

Ghost in the Shell (2017) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Five, 10 second video spots have been released to tease the March 31, 2017 live-action film directed by Rupert Sanders and starring Scarlett Johansson. The first teaser trailer should be forthcoming soon:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I really hate this trend of remaking animated films in live action.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm not in general. It depends on how good the result is.
This particular scene above is one of my favorite scenes from the anime, and I like what they did in this live action clip.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wholesale copying of scenes, but the story looks like it has been changed from "are you still human when your body is entirely a machine?" to "Oh noes, I don't know who I am. I have a past and I must find myself". I watched the live-action shelling scene taken from the anime's opening credits and all I could think was sometimes less is more.

Right now, I am not overly impressed with what I am seeing in this remake.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, I'll say it: That is one form fitting outfit that she wears. Excuse me while I push my eyeballs back into their sockets. :blink:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This movie must be in trouble. They are showing way too much stuff. I have even seen videos where Adam Savage visits Weta and sees some of the effects. This never happens before the release.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Other than some diehard Anime fans, does this really have the appeal for the general masses to make any kind of money, even with it's star?

My thoughts are it falls pretty flat and will be quick to DVD/Blu.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Matrix sold well. You can argue that Matrix has no appeal for the general masses too.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
But Matrix was quite groundbreaking SFX wise for its time. This is nothing but a CGI fest, or more or less a giant video game being projected on the big screen.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
From what I see, I seriously don't see anything bad. It looks nice. I'm just surprised why they are showing too much and if there is a problem, it must be the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks