What's new

Ghost in the Shell 2 replacement program launched (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, there are still uncorrected DVDs on the shelves, regardless of the "V4" designation on the packaging, and it seems that too many people aren't getting the requested mailers (going on reports over at DVD TALK). Has Dreamworks quietly ended the exchange program? Has anyone received an exchange mailer since April?

In order to avoid buying a big exchange headache, I've been trying to wait until the old stocks were depleted and only "corrected" DVDs were on the shelves. It seems that we're not yet at that point.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I am just waiting for one with English audio. It's nice for the purist to get the original audio, but I have been watching the "Stand Alone Complex" with english audio, and thought they have done a wonderful job. Hoping they hire the same cast for an S.E. version of "Innocence" with english audio track.

Ozzie

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
If you want to buy it, fill out the return deal (or three) first, wait for it to arrive, then buy it, if you buy it and it works, give a hand up to one of our international frineds who seem to be having issues.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Bought the two pack dvd set (GITS II and Millenium actress) because I had finally seen the v4 designation on the package. Like others here, I still got the uncorrected version. Still waiting for my mailer and have already sent for it twice.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I got the mailer a couple of days ago and sent it in today. I only sent the request for the mailer in once but id did take the full 2 weeks before I got it.

Mailer said to allow 2/3 weeks for the replacement disc so I am marking my calendar now.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
As I recall, two days after I sent mine in, I got an email confirming its arrival. A week later I had my replacement. It actually went very smoothly!:emoji_thumbsup:

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
does anyone know a way to conatact Dreamworks or GoFish to report problems? Because frankly, the mailer thing doesn't really work reliably. I looked all over the place on their sites, but no contact info to be found.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone actually purchased a corrected version, either on-line or in-store? Or have corrected versions been distributed solely through the exchange program?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I haven't heard of one person finding a fixed copy in-store or from an online purchase, even after all this time.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Is it possible that the corrected versions are only available via the exchange, and that it will forever be Close-Captioning on the retail versions? If so, I may as well buy it and attempt to exchange it...

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I got the corrected disk this week about 1 week after I got an email from them saying they had received my original disk.

The new disc looks identical to the old and it came shrink wrapped with the case and cover. I can't see the upc on the new one but it looks identical in the packaging. I'd wager the only batch of corrected discs is available through the replacement program.

I haven't watched the entire disk but I did watch the opening sequence to verify the [Helicopter approaching] etc stuff is gone.

JasonRH

Second Unit
I finally got my mailer in yesterday and sent if off. I'll post back again if/when I receive the corrected disc :)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but I go to the replacement form page, fill it out... but I don't see anywhere to "click" on it to send them the info. The bottom of the form on my screen appears to be cut off (I have to reduce the toolbar to access the zipcode space)--is it at the bottom?

Glenn R

Stunt Coordinator
Jim: You're not seeing the whole page. Not only is there is a "Submit" button at the bottom, but it comes after text boxes for zip code, country, phone, and where purchased. Try shrinking the text or a different browser?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Hmmmm, tried a different browser (I've only got two on my computer) and the same problem: cannot get below the "zipcode" space, and even that have to reduce my toolbar.

Anybody got any ideas?

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Whaty screen resolution are you running? If you can't scroll down, then it's one of those un-resizable forms, many of which are not completely visible on screens less than 1024*768; if you're running 800*600 you'll have to change your display resolution.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Yep, that did it. I recently got a 19" moniter, so I needed to do that anyway (much better PQ now!).

Thanks much fellas.:emoji_thumbsup:

Glenn R

Stunt Coordinator
My replacement experience here in Phoenix: Submitted webpage request 7/1; received mailer 7/6; mailed bad disc 7/8; received good disc 7/16.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks