What's new

'GHOST HUNTERS' Season 2 on Sci-Fi. (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I agree. The episode was great. When they filmed the Mini-series of "The Shining" there I believe (from that DVDs commentary track) that alot of the crew had weird experiences. The door and glass thing were pretty impressive and even the table move got me.
John, we never got Captain Howdy but did communicate with many entities(?)
Some were funny, some were nasty. We also had the planchette fly off the board and doors close in the room a few times. My old friend Clay got really adept at it and progressed to automatic pen writing. I did that a few times and it was exhausting. Whenever we had a newbie with us and the thing started moving (and it would FLY around the board sometimes) they would invariably say, "dude, you're pushing it." I would usually wait a few seconds and quickly take my hands off and when the planchette kept moving (albeit usually weaker) without my hands on it anymore, I would say, "still think I'M moving it?" Then they would go "Oh shit!" and be convinced.
I can't say for sure what was going on, but SOMETHING was and it could get pretty spooky. And it has NOTHING to do with Parker Brothers. Anyone can make a board. There are some pretty amazing looking homemade ones on Ebay for example. http://stores.ebay.com/Speaking-With-Spirits
Actually getting tempting to try again but my gf would kick my Irish heine!

GREAT photo in the sig, John!

:) dmack

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

:eek: Are you serious! Um, I think it's time to stop messing with that stuff, Dave, i've read about people who've inadvertantly invited things into their house and REALLY lived to regret ever laying eyes on a Ouija board.

I mean you don't want to get trapped inside your HDTV like that poor little blonde girl do you? :D

That's freaky, man.

And thanks about my sig, Dave. Did you mean the Pazuzu face or Myers? I changed it to Myers because apparently the other one was deemed too scary by other members. ;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
They both rock. The pazuzu one gave me the willies. Back when I lived in my 96th st. apt in NYC, I definitely had activity in the house after using the board. 2 different friends at different times saw a figure standing in my bedroom. The lights would flicker and the stove would do weird things but the STRANGEST was I used to get tiny fingerprints in the dust that would accumulate on my old 35" Mts. TV. :0
I had a medium come in who did pen writing, (I still have the book she used here!) who determined that I had a little girl in the house that didn't know she had passed who liked my apt. because of all the toys/stuffed animals, (at the time I had Bugs, Ren and Stimpy, Opus etc... and there were a GAGGLE of spirits trying to guide her around and they would pop in my apt! Sleeping there at nite was funky because I often felt like I was being watched. After I moved, my oldest sister who REALLY doesn't believe in alot of that stuff confessed that even though she liked my apt. she NEVER slept well or felt comfortable there at nite when she and her husband came to NYC to visit.

DOH!

And my other sister had some ouija stories from a summer in Missouri that would chill your bones!!!

No wonder my gf thinks I'm a nut! I have so much spooky stuff that it's ALWAYS Halloween where I live. And I haven't messed with one in 10 years but have been tempted lately. I'm nuts!

:) d

and I have 2 custom handmade Myers masks from Gary at Maskmaker productions! I once put one on to scare my gf back in NYC when she was doing laundry and she lost it and almost killed me after. For some people, that mask (and it's SHATNER!) gives them the worst willies!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, it sounds like you're living in a funhouse! Have you ever heard voices? If not you should try and capture some EVP's and see if you pick up anything.

I'd even love to see TAPS take a stab at your place lol. ;)

Have you seen this new Myers mask...

It's called "the Warlock" and is THE most accurate H2 mask around, expensive, too, something like $200 +!

Here's another of the Warlock...

And here's a really good pic that show's the differeces between the H1 mask and the H2 mask...

And finally here's one that some fan created out of a shatner...

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
What a great season finale...is it just me or was this season really short??

The closet door and glass breaking along with table were very impressive and creepy.

I would not be able to calmy go back to sleep like Jay did if I had had my closet door open and the glass next to my bed shatter...I would be out of that room quickly.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I think it's because Jason assumed that it just came open from a draft or something because it wouldn't latch earlier when he and Grant tried it, and he was sound asleep when it closed so he didn't discover that until morning. I don't know why he wasn't alarmed by the glass breaking, though.

THAT would have sent me sprinting like an Olympic track star towards the nearest exit.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
That new mask is pretty sweet, John. I went to the site and it's $325!
DOH! I have the HE mask from H1 and the Samhain from H2 which looks amazing from MMP. If I got another my gf would kill me.
Anyone know when they will repeat the lighthouse ep? I missed it.

:) d

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I think the season feels short because it was broken into 2 main sections. The second half of season 2 started a few months ago.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Dave, they had an all day marathon of season three yesterday leading up to the finale, I think that was your shot. :frowning: But, they usually run the entire previous season when they are showing a new season, so if they follow suit, they should rerun season 3 when season 4 begins.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wait, really? I'm totally clueless, I thought this was season 3!

I'm a moron sometimes lol.

That explains why they never changed the thread title. :laugh:

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Did the season 2 DVDs ever come out??

I keep rewinding my DVR and to watch the closet door and glass scene. I even called my brother at work so that he would stop by tonight to share some beers while we watch the episode. He is the one that got me addicted to the show and I know he has not seen the finale yet...I can't wait for his reaction.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
John, you're not alone...I also thought this was season 3. Are you guys sure this is season 2? I don't think it is. I started watching last season (the one I thought was season 2) and they already had their real office. From what I heard, they used to be in a trailer during the first season.

Anyway, regarding ouija boards, I used to mess with that when I was a little kid, with some friends but I don't think we ever got real results. I mean, the thing moved but we could never figure out if it was real or one of us moving it. But back then it didn't matter. When you're 10/11 years old, it's going to be spooky no matter what. :)

Dave, that's pretty freaky stuff in your apt. bro. I would've moved it out after the first couple of experiences! :eek:

Wouldn't it be cool if a group of us could get together to investigate a haunted place? I'd be down for that.

John, the Halloween mask signature works better. I'm one of the ones that got freaked out by the Pazzuzu face. :D

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh I see. Season 2 was broken up into 2 halves. The first episode I ever saw of this show was the one in the Myrtle Plantation, which was the first episode of season 2.

This second half was still season 2. I thought it was 3. That's where I'm getting confused.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
what's funny is that my gf who doesn't really like spooky flix would says something like, "That's a little too much stage makeup" for Pazuzu but a Kirk mask painted white gives her the absolute wiggins!

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Yeah, they had been calling these past few seasons "the Back 9." I kind of like it this way -- we have less time to wait until Season 3.

Anyway - what did you guys think of the finale??

I thought that going to such a recognizable site was a great way to end the season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, I loved the finale, incredibly spooky even though they didn't really catch much.

I must point out that one of the big draws for me to this show is it's atmosphere and sheer sense of dread no matter where the team goes and they go to some awesome places! I love when they go to a big museum or library and we get the tour around the place first, it's cool seeing the places and learn about their history.

That's why the show is a winner with me, it's all about locations and atmosphere...TAPS doesn't even really need to find anything if the investigation itself is scary and it always is IMO, finding something is just icing on the cake. :emoji_thumbsup:

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a huge fan of this show since season 1 and was very pleased with the Season Finale!

Good news over at the official TAPS website...as posted by Jason:

Another bit of interesting news is that they are going to be going overseass for the next season. Can't wait to see what they tackle outside the US. My bet it's some of the haunted spots (castles, etc.) in England.

You can get all the information (what little of it there is right now) here: http://www.tapsforums.com/index.php?topic=51478.0

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks