What's new

'GHOST HUNTERS' Season 2 on Sci-Fi. (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

I don't think TAPS is in the game of pranks and faking it...but I would agree with some of the criticism they get about not covering all the bases. They have been fooled before and have caught people in the act (Queen Mary, etc...). I think that some of the lesser known members of TAPS could be involved in some things (I think Brian faked several things in season 1...his attitude as a person who sees something around every turn leads me to believe that he would also fake a haunting just to get people to agree with him.) and that their clients get away with some stuff.

I was very happy to see that they have uped the research this year to verify the history and hauntings.

Basically, I just don't believe everything they find and I do like that they don't say a place is "haunted" without some sort of proof.

I am skeptical when it comes to ghosts overall. My brother got me into the show, but he eats everything up with a huge spoon. He will claim that there is no way to fake things when I could think of several ways to do it.

I have actually experienced things that I would call "strange" as a kid in an old house we lived in. I may have posted this here before, I am not sure. But my family lived in a house in New Jersey that was deemed "haunted". It was a house that had been built in the 1700's and was a hospital during the revolutionary war and hotel in the 1800's.

It was in Sparta New Jersey on Stanhope road. I still have a picture of the damn place that was given to my parents when they bought it.

My dad claimed that he heard voices all the time and when I got hurt as a kid and was taken to the hospital, he came home and said he heard a girl crying in my bedroom that i shared with my brother. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see kids playing on the floor...but they would disappear when I called to them and rubbed my eyes. I don't know if it was because I was tired or if it was because the place was haunted.

My brother claimed that he used to feel something sitting or holding his legs down when he slept, but I never experienced anything like that. My dad always said that the master bedroom had a strange odor to it that would never go away and half the room was cold while the other half was warm.

He would also frequently hear footsteps in the livingroom. The front door would always open somehow after it was bolted shut, but I never knew if it was my dad just playing tricks.

Needless to say, I hope that this house finds its way onto Ghost Hunters sometime because it sure as hell has the history that they like. I actually wrote in about it but never heard back.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, they have been fooled, but more often than not they expose the hoax as being just that, a hoax, they're smart guys and often what they lack technically they make up for in common sense and logic, they're very adept at separating what's genuine and what's just a window slamming shut for instance.

This is especially true of Jason, Grant and Steve, they are EXTREMELY hesitant about getting too excited over something they've caught on A/V until they have a chance to figure out what it could be, often a piece of dust or an insect is mistaken for an orb. They're also very hesitant about declaring a place as being haunted becuase they came to that location to try and dispell the claims they hear from the client.

I think that Brian, in his eagerness to get something, put that chair in the middle of the floor back in season 1 and Jason suspected that as well, so any investigation that he's involved in I am automatically on guard, but with the lighthouse I just don't know, my gut tells me that what they got was genuine because as I said Jason and Grant would have exposed that kind of prank fairly easily I think. Like I said they chased whatever it was all the way up and there was no one there.

Of all of the TAPS members, the one that actually aggravates me is Andy, I admire his enthusiasm, however that kid just needs to calm down lol, he get's way too excited about things and makes too many calls on something before reviewing the evidence. He's obviously a believer and that get's the better of him sometimes I think.

But with the St. Augustine Lighthouse, all I know is what they appeared to catch was extraordinary to a believer like me. I need to watch last nights now because I fell asleep.

Those are some pretty freaky experiences, Justin, I would try calling TAPS on the phone as I would love to see them investigate that house. :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

I don't mean to come off trashing TAPS at all. I think Jason, Grant, and Steve are excellent and genuine.

I watched the Lighthouse episode again tonight and I had completely forgotten about the motion sensors on the top floor. That basically pushed me to believe they had something.

Like I said before, I am straddle the line of whether or not I believe in ghosts. I am very impressed with things that cannot be explained, but it really takes alot for me to finally agree that something is paranormal. I actually think the on screen TAPS family would benefit from someone like me (has had experiences, but is still a skeptic) to even out the cast. It does not help when they have someone like Brian who believes every piece of dust is a ghost.

The preview for next week's episode was interesting. One of the houses looked just like the house I described in my eariler post...very strange. I need to contact TAPS again about the house and I also need to find out if it still exists. We don't own it anymore, so I am sure TAPS would have trouble getting in there unless the new owners experienced the same thing.

I lived there from 1982-86 and have not been back since. For all I know, it could have been torn down...but I would hope not because of its historical significance. It was an impressive house. It even still had the well standing and we stumbled upon the wine cellar when me and my brother crawled around under the porch.

I will get the picture of the house next time I visit my parents and scan it so you all can check it out. I was freaked out as a kid when I went to a diner in Jersey and saw a pic of the house on the wall labled "Haunted." It was funny that no one would come onto the property during Halloween no matter how much candy we put out.

I will actually google map it and get a satellite pic if I can right now.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Here is a pic from google.

It looks like it is still there and has people living in it.

http://calicovidsco.temp.powweb.com/stanhope.jpg

I outlined the property in red...but it looks like alot has changed (It's been 20 years soo...). The house looks small, but it is actually quite large and is 4 stories tall.

The google marker above the red outline shows a driveway, that was apart of the property and went down into a deadend...but now it looks like it connects to the neighbor's house, which was originally the servant quarters back in the 18th and 19th centuries. The quarters look bigger than they actually are, so they were either added onto with rooms or the blend into the driveway in the picture.

Just right of the number 5 looks to be the shed that my dad built in the huge, sloping backyard. Number 2 shows the driveway to the back that goes down a steep hill to the ground floor. Number 3 marks the side entrance and water well. Number 4 is obviously the house and number 5 is the backyard, which was freaking huge and surrounded by an old stone wall. We actually found musket balls and whatnot buried not to deep around the walls, so it was possibly a place that saw some battle action.

I know this really has nothing to do with this thread, but I am excited to see this house still around and will actually call TAPS tomorrow or Friday to see what they think and to see if they have heard of it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Very cool, it sounds like that property has a lot of history, hopefully you'll get through to TAPS, you may even talk to Donna when you call, I think she's a cutie. :)

Good luck and keep us posted. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched this week's episode yet but last week's was one of the best ever. That lighthouse was a riot! Creepy figures going up and down the stairs, the recording of the woman saying "Help Me"...man, that was good.

I dig this show. I'm a little surprised to see Brian back but the dude is so messed up in the head, it's fun to watch.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I called twice and got voicemail both times.

I left a message with all my info and even emailed some info on my story and the above picture.

I doubt I will hear back from them since I don't own the property and whatnot and my stories are 20 years old.

If they ever hear about the house and check it out, my family could give them some info and stories to add to their investigation.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I find myself to generally be an open-minded skeptic, and to have a "scientific, yet imaginative" view of the world.

I'm certainly open to the possibility of spirits and an after-life. I don't "believe" that that's a real aspect of existence, but I do think it is possible and in the spirit of Fox Mulder, "I want to believe". I "feel" that spirits may be real, but I don't "know" that for certain.

I really like this show, especially because of the angle that TAPS takes with its investigations. The Lighthouse investigation was great!

I find myself feeling different ways when I consider that "ghosts" may be real.

Intitially, there's the primal "chills" or spooky aspect of thinking about a real ghost. But then that tends to morph into a curious fascination. I get really curious about what things are like from the ghost's perspective.

If ghost are real, that's kind of a great thing to know. To know that we really do have souls and that there is "more" after this life. It is a nice thought if true.

However, when I think about "ghosts" it also makes me feel sad and concerned. How terrible for your spirit to remain attached here when it should have moved on. You know, you think about how if you die and there is an aferlife you get to be with your loved ones again. But then these folk die and don't get that. They get trapped in this limbo maybe not even knowing they are dead, that time has passed, that they should be somewhere else. It's very sad, really.

I wonder, if ghosts are real, do you think that they stay "attached" here indefinitely? Hundreds or thousands or millions of years? Or do you think they'd eventually "move on" for one reason or another.

I wonder if existence for a ghost is kinda like what our dreams are like. No real memory or sense of what has happened prior to what is going on in the dream. Disjointed, shifting, etc...

Somehow, I don't see it as them knowing "well, I'm a ghost. Dum-dee-dum, I'm bored. Oh, here's the new owners of my house, I'm gonna scare them."

I imagine it more like an emotional, disjointed, and confused existence.

I think the idea of "residuals" is interesting. I guess that is where something "paranormal" is going on but it is not a ghost/spirit. It is just "emotional/psychic energy" that has "imprinted" in a location. Kinda like a recording playing over and over. Interesting idea.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

I agree. The Lighthouse was among the best of the season.

As far as believing in ghosts or not -- I'm still kind of on the fence about that one. Such being said, it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the show. I think that it's been great regardless.

Did anyone watch last night's episode. With the second case, I could not believe that those people were honestly living like that. So gross.

I think there are only a handful of more episodes left of the second season.

I'm assuming that the show's been signed on for a third season, but haven't heard anything -- have you guys?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, good ep, it's a prime example of how when TAPS shows up to do an investigation, they've got no axe to grind, they see what they see and they report what they find, no matter how routine the cause is.

What I can't understand is how a guy who restores houses didn't realize what the effects of all those chemicals, the mold and high EMF levels from that exposed electrical box would have on him and his friend. :confused:

I've never so much as nailed two pieces of wood together and even *I* know that all that can't be good for you.

Next weeks should be good, they're going to look back at their best cases and I saw a couple of clips that I didn't recognize, too. Also, just FYI, this season is the third season, nobody changed the topic header from last year lol.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Here's a fun survey...

How many of you would love to investigate a haunted house, are on the fence of beleiving, but afraid someone would follow you home and stay there? :)

That's what I think about whenever I want to investigate a place at night :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

As long as I was with a team, I would completely be up for something like that. As for being afraid that something would follow me, that's not really how it works so I wouldn't be worried, when someone is followed by a spirit it's usually because that person has some attachment to the spirit.

No way i'd go alone, though, I would have shit myself if I were in that lighthouse alone for instance.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Watched the "20 greatest".. and didn't see the lighthouse figures stuff. :frowning:

Missed that ep..

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was shocked that the St. Augustine lighthouse didn't make the cut for the list, the only thing I can figure is that this ep was put together before they went there?

That lighthouse was some of the most extraordinary stuff i've seen and I think that the members of TAPS would agree.

One of those 'best of's" was just sad, it was choice #11 I think, it just consisted of Brian getting scared and running away like a puss. The special also brought up that whole Queen Mary incident, man, that would have really pissed me off had I been there.

It's funny reading my very first post in this thread, I went from being really indifferent to the show to absolutely loving it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

Like John, I'd prefer doing it as a team, or even just with a partner. I wouldn't want to do it alone more for concern that my imagination would wreak havoc on any objectivity I was trying to maintain.

I wouldn't worry about something following me home.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
My friends and I used to be REALLY into using a Ouija board many years ago. We had some very interesting and freaky sessions.

:0

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ouija boards make me nervous, i've heard too many negative things about them, enough for me to know that I will never play with one and one will never enter my house lol.

So, Dave, did Captain Howdy say hello? ;)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
WOW, Last nights episode at the Stanley Hotel (the one in the shining) was really good. They spent 2 nights there and captured some pretty scary stuff.

There are only 3 possibilities:

1. The TAPS gang are fakers. (I really do not belive this)
2. Someone from the Hotel managed to pull off a great trick. (possible, but doubtful)
3. Something Paranormal happened. (pretty convincing).

No matter what, it was entertaining to watch.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed, one hell of an episode, and i'm so glad they spent 2 nights there instead of their usual 1. Looking at the place from a distance I thought to myself "how the hell are they going to cover that entire massive place in one night!?" and they did precisly what I thought...they would have to conduct 2 individual investigation to get it all in.

All in all, though, even though it was a great location and the episode was incredibly spooky, they really didn't get much in the end, the table thing wasn't really caught on camera, the bed shaking was debunked, the high-pitched "scream" was debunked, and the shadowy figure that Brian saw never reappeared.

The only substantial thing they got was the closet door closing and latching and the glass breaking, which is pretty inredible stuff, but that was it, really, no EVP's and the EMF spikes were caused by the electricity room located beneath the dance floor.

The more I see Brian, the more I feel bad for giving him such a hard time, the guy's got problems he's working on and so i'll zip it about Brian from now on, he's also a very good investigator when the chips are down.

Also loved the joke that Jason played on the team with the prop door from the mini series lol. Great season finale, I only wish these seasons were longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks