What's new

Getting ready to buy... (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an SVS box sub (PB12-Plus) which will run me $1450 shipped. I don't just go around dropping that much money lightly so I wanted to double check with this community regarding that purchase and make sure there isn't something else out there I've missed or if I'm "overbuying" for my room and needs. Below are the details. Room size: 2100 cubic feet Use: Exclusively HT. No music listening at all Type: Cylinders aren't an option. It has to be a box. Listening Habits: It's movies and when I'm watching it's loud (not painfully loud but I hate straining to hear). I'm open to researching other manufacturers as well. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Rick

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What are your goals? Do you want reference levels at 20hz?

Other subs to look at:

Epik Subwoofers - Dual Empires for $50 more. Each Empire is a dual, opposed 15" driver.

Elemental Designs - A7-350 uses a 15", underhung driver for $250 less.

Parts Express - Dual 15" sealed Titanic kits. This kit got a great review in what used to be Speaker Builder Magazine.

DIY - thousands of options that will crush an SVS.

I don't think that too much sub is ever overkill. It just means you are not stressing your sub and therefor keeping the distortion low.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks