What's new

Getting an activation code from my LG BD 370 (1 Viewer)

Frustrated

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Lange
I have connectivity to Netflix via my PC but I want to use my Blu-Ray to get the picture to my wide screen TV. Unfortunately that requires an activation code from my Blu-Ray device which it seems unwilling to provide. I have spent countless hours with both LG and Netflix and no one seems able to get me to a screen that provides the activation code. I even had program updates sent from LG. Any different approaches would be appreciated

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Roku boxes are fairly cheap and work very well, if that's what you mean by other approaches. As far as getting the LG to provide a code, I would try to do a hard reset of the device. Do you have a model #?

Frustrated

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Lange
how is a hard reset done? it is not mentioned in the instruction book. What model number is needed besides BD 370?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What model number is needed besides BD 370?
My bad. I have a bad habit of not looking in the title for model#s. The reset instructions are on page-28. You can reset the player to its original factory settings or initialize the BD storage. [Factory Set] – If you need to, you can reset the player to all its factory settings. Some options cannot be reset. (Rating, Password and Area Code, etc.) [BD Storage Clear] – Initializes the BD contents from the connected USB Flash Drive. [Deactivate Netflix] – Deactivates your player. To activate the Netflix again, see page 41.

Frustrated

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Lange
Still cannot get an activation code at home. the device however kicks out activation codes immediately at Best Buy where it was purchased. I took it to the Geek Squad and they did nothing special after plugging in the device. i used a code i copied at the store. It started activation but at home but ultimately failed. Now I am back to square one and unable to get activation codes. What in my basic home system could be blocking the device from working and providing an activation code?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Is it hooked up to your home network, and if so, have you verified it was able to both obtain an ip address (ie 192.168.1.101) and access the internet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks