What's new

Gerry Anderson's STINGRAY complete 5 DVD set due Dec 31. Why no etailers listing it?? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I saw this on a dealer list with a pre-order date of Nov 29, I just wondered why there's no sign of it on the internet yet.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, Stingray has a scheduled release date of Dec. 7, not the 31st. This is from an emailed release list I received directly from A&E... unfortunately there was no pricing or features details given, only a "Coming Soon" remark.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
A&E has already roped me in with their releases, so I guess I'll just have to hang around to see what happens. It better not get tied up or delayed somehow...

Not my fault... it was the other Jeff the Reviewer... really...!!!

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, Stingray has a scheduled release date of Dec. 7, not the 31st. This is from an emailed release list I received directly from A&E...
Not exactly. It depends on how you define "scheduled release date." December 7 is the day that A&E will ship orders made directly through them. Street date for retailers is December 31.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
A&E has announced the features:

* 5-Disc Set
* Full Frame
* Audio commentary by series creator Gerry Anderson on 2 episodes
* Audio commentary by original series production members on 2 episodes
* 20-Minute Making-of featurette
* Gerry Anderson Biography/Filmography
* Production stills gallery
* Interactive Menus

And the release date is 12/31.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I had ID'ed this title to be included in the TVShowsOnDVD database, but we just had not added it yet. We're busy adding a bunch of stuff, so please bear with us! :D
Here's the box:
[c] [/c]
12/31 is the right date. In the meantime, e-tailer listings are now available:
DVDPlanet $69.97
DVDEmpire $79.96
Amazon.CA $90.99 Canadian Dollars
The last one is pretty finny, because it's listed at Amazon Canada right now, but not at the USA version of Amazon. :eek:

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
One extra to add onto the previous list would be the alternate French End Credits sequence.
These appeared on the original U.K. set, and my understanding was that they would also be on the A&E set. Plus, since this "extra" also appears on DVD Empire's listing for the set, I would say this is confirmed.
Right now, according to the released listing, the supplementary materials seem rather sparse — since quite a bit more material appeared on the U.K. set, it's likely that some of that will transfer over to the U.S. set. (Plus, since both the original U.K. set & the U.S. set are 5-disc sets, the A&E version might just be a strightforward port for once...)
But what I'd really like to see is confirmation that that "Japanese Linking Material" appears on U.S. set (this was one extra I was told was a "definite"). For those of you who don't know about this, this consists of 4m of new footage that was the framework for an abandoned 40th episode! The remaining footage was to be made up of flashbacks from several previous episodes (yes, it was a "clip" show). It was discovered in the vaults in December 2000, and had not been seen in 40 years. Click this Link Removed for more info. Anyway, the footage appears on the U.K., and hopefully will appear here.
There were also discussions that this episode might be completely reconstructed and appear on the set as the "long lost" 40th episode, which is completely feasible. They have the 4m of "new" footage, and all the "flashback" footage obviously exists, and my understanding is that they have some sort of original outlines or editing notes that details exactly how the episode would have been put together.
Anywhoo... I'm still hoping this appears on the A&E set in one form or another.
December can't come quickly enough!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have order Stingray as such I should get the set this week!

I have also order other shows like Captain Scarlett and Mysterions!!

Gerry Anderson did some amazing work in the 1960s!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks