George Reeves' Superman on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard Stammer, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I've watched 7 or 8 episodes so far plus the bonus features. The quality is outstanding and I'm very pleased with this set. I'm mildly disappointed in the two brief omissions, but I'm sure WHV did the best with what they had.

I was very impressed with Phyllis Coates in S1, but watching S2 reminds me why I'm a Noel Neill fan [​IMG]

Steve

2. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston

3. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I always thought that Coates fit the 1st Season's more Film Noirish approach, but when things started turning more goofy, then Neil Fit that approach a bit better.

5. LaurenceGarvey

LaurenceGarvey Second Unit

Clark seems much more comfortable with the "new" Lois than he ever did with the first one. They are friends, something he and the Phyllis/Lois never were.

I'm enjoying these more than I thought I would, too. But I disagree with the poster above who suggested that the second season was seen less often than the other seasons; growing up, I saw them in alphabetical order (based on episode title) regardless of season, which is how I believe the TV syndication package worked in the '60s and '70s. Once all the sets are out, I'm gonna watch 'em that way again, too.