What's new

George Harrison's concert for bangladesh--is it avalible on dvd? (1 Viewer)

wayne pal

Auditioning
I remember seeing this concert film many times and remembering how great it was. Does anyone know if this has been released on dvd? The concert itself had many superstars preforming including bob dylan,clapton,ringo,badfinger,leon russel,billy preston.
It was kinda reminisent of the current concert for george dvd with many of the original superstars that appeared on bangldesh. I would love to have bangladesh with a great 5.1 dts mix on dvd.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
A few months back Best Buy was carrying some imports from Brazil and this was one of them. The sound was only 2.0 Surround and wasn't too hot. The picture quality wasn't very good either and I'd say various "fan" projects were better. I picked up a few of these Brazil imports but haven't seen them in quite a while.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Actually it is. It's region 0 and it's probably from Brazil (I thought it was from Mexico, but I'm probably wrong). The menus are in Spanish (or maybe it's Portuguese), but the film is in English. It is 1.33, which might be OAR or might be pan & scan, I don't know. I got mine from Laser's Edge, but they don't list it on their site anymore.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
This same company released various concerts by Elton John, Billy Joel, Prince and Bob Dylan. The Dylan disc is under the title "Live In Austrailia with The Heartbreakers", which is actually the 1987 concert film HARD TO HANDLE. It's got a "fake" 5.1 track, which sounds decent but it's clear this was taken from a VHS or a LD.

wayne pal

Auditioning
well i guess i'll have to keep looking for it.

maybe one day we'll get a digitally restored cut with a good 5.1 track

Page

Stunt Coordinator
If you want it on DVD, I'm pretty sure that Tower Records still carries it in their stores. (That's where I bought mine.)

But as noted by others, it's transferred from LD and the sound is only stereo.

I picked one up at Borders a few years ago. It's NOT that Brazilian "grey market" version that was being sold at Best Buy. This one is all english, but an all region version. It has the original CFB art work (basically the came as the album) and the Apple logo on it. "Manufactured and Distributed by Panorama Music Video". I see that their address is in Hong Kong, so this is probably also "grey market" as well.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for an official release of this DVD. Really great concert would sound awesome in DTS.

Billy Preston's performance of "That's The Way God Planned It" alone is worth the price of admission!

Mark Rapp

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I got mine 2 years ago from DVDWorld.com.br, and while I agree that both the sound and video are pretty bad, I'm glad to have the concert as it brings back good memories.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is "Bangladesh" still coming to DVD in October? I haven't seen retail sites put it up yet, although I think there was an official annoucement of the CD and DVD.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The (presumably official) website still shows 10/25 as the date.

DVD empire is now listing the "deluxe" edition for $37.49. I presume this is what the official website describes here:
I think I'll wait to see what the undeluxe edition sells for.

Update: DeepdiscountDVD now is listing the deluxe edition for $33.25 and the regular edition for $19.95.

dave robinson

Auditioning
Hi Everyone,
I heard it was coming out in Nov. on WB the same time as the re-mastered (with bonus tracks)CD on EMI was?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Got my copy of the deluxe edition yesterday, and if you can find the deluxe edition, get it! It is the single nicest DVD package I have ever seen. The film looks great and sounds outstanding in DTS 5.1, and the box set is full of things like postcards, an Apple sticker, a poster, handwritten lyrics, and a note from Unicef. The book that comes with the set is very nicely produced. I can't say enough good things about how well this was put together.

Best DVD package of the year, easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks