What's new

George Carlin dead (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I was always get a laugh at his "for adults" comedy. It was good to know he brought lots of enjoyment to my 5 yr old son with both "Thomas the Tank Engine" and "Cars"

Rest in peace Fillmore... :frowning:

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No, Bill Maher; although Bill may be the closest one we've got to George now, even if Bill is unlikely to reach George's iconic status.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I actually "spoke" to George in my post. Neither George nor I think this was reasonable.

But, Joseph, you really need to go back and listen to his material. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

He "expired" like a magazine subscription. ;)

Those are George's own words, BTW so go easy as i'm only quoting what he himself said lol.

I heard this today and was crushed, he was probably my all time favorite stand-up comedian and i'm still trying to get my head around the idea that we'll get no more HBO specials from him. :frowning::frowning:

Pesci-speed, George.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Sorry, but in memory of Carlin I am NOT going to censor his most memorable 7 words:

The world needs grumpy, angry, intelligent, Ironic, funny men like you to shake the pillars and not let the hypocrisy of men both high & low go unnoticed....but there were none like you...a true one of a kind is gone and we will miss him. Badly.

R.I.P.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

Are you kidding? Nothing against Bill [or you], but I think even he would admit he's not even fit to occupy the same stage with George Carlin.

John

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
let's keep this to George Carlin only.
Michael Reuben will be in here quickly if it goes into a Maher vs. Carlin debate.

as michael has said in previous versions of this, this is a memorial thread and act as if you were at a
memorial service for the person in discussion.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
While I love Carlin’s work, the ‘dirty words' bit is a tribute to the late (great) Lenny Bruce.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Lew,
Could you expand on that a little, or, if this is not the place for thread drift, guide me to a reference?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i found on wiki.

Carlin was present at Lenny Bruce's arrest for obscenity. According to legend the police began attempting to detain members of the audience for questioning, and asked Carlin for his identification. Telling the police he did not believe in government issued IDs, he was arrested and taken to jail with Bruce in the same vehicle.

that was all i could find, nothing saying it was a tribute.
i'm sure it was influenced by Bruce, as Carlin's career likely was too.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
RIP.... you will be missed.

I just saw him this past September in Columbus Georgia. Good time.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
In my opinion no one is closest to George, he was in a class by himself, a fearless, hilarious and profane class lol.

The vids posted are some of my favorites. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks