What's new

George Carlin dead (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Oh, no.

I am troubled to be at an age where so many industry people I have grown up hearing about much of my life are now being taken from us.

Take this as comedy, or take this in frustration, but, mostly, now as a reflection of my feelings towards the loss of a wonderful counterculture comedic icon...

S**t.
Pi**.
F***.
C***.
C*** Sucker.
Mother F*****.
Tits.

Thank you Al Sleet, for all the Hippy Dippy weather, man.

Bless you, George Carlin, and goodbye. Thank you for everything.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
One of the great voices of our time.
George, I wasn't ready for you to leave.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Not that it means anything at all, but I really thought he looked much better in his most recent standup than he did in Life is Worth Losing. I really thought he looked very sick in that one, but in the newest he looked really healthy, so its a bit of a shock.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
One of the all time greats.

I used to watch reruns of Laugh In and he would crack me up. "Tonights forecast... DARK" That one always stayed with me for some reason.

I don't know that these are actually his but a friend of mine sent this to me back in January.

GEORGE CARLIN'S NEW RULES FOR 2008

New Rule: No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and havin g other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com. There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days --- mowing my lawn.

New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Lobster?

New Rule: Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, blonde teachers are permanently damaged . I have a better description for these kids: 'Lucky bastards.'

New Rule: If you need to shave and you still collect baseball cards, you're a dope. If you're a kid, the cards are keep sakes of your idols. If you're a grown man, they're pictures of men.

New R ule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: Do you have two of them? Good, we're done.

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but, without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his ass will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.< BR>
New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grandee, half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low, and One NutraSweet,' ooooh, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering My PIN number, pressing 'Enter,' verifying the amount, deciding, no, I don't want Cash back, and pressing 'Enter' again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you Spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to 'beef with broccoli.' The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiri tual. You're just high.

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN Recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait, they're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show'

New Rule: I don't need a bigger mega M&Ms. If I'm extra hungry for M&Ms, I'll go nuts and eat two.

New Rule: If you're going to insist on making movies based on crappy old television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's remember the reason something was a television show in the first place is that the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie.

New Rule: And this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell If he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your webcam, Dude. I just want to wash my hands.

New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear '27 months.' 'He's two' will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying, 'Do you want fries with that?'

RIP

tyler payne

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion, Carlin and Daddy Rich (Pryor) were the two greatest stand-up comics of my generation, now they're both gone. RIP Mr. Carlin, the world of stand-up has lost a true giant.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very sad news. I'm afraid this year is going to be a rough year for Hollywood deaths, moreso than usual.

Crawdaddy

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Oh man.

I only recently started listening to his stuff, mainly when I sought out the Seven Words routine, which was referenced in an episode of That 70s Show. His wordplay was simply unparalleled.

A true genius, and he will be missed. I guess at age 71, he had a good run, eh?

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
He's had his health issues for a while, but I just never thought this day would come. It's sad to think we'll never hear his viewpoint on current events again.

One of my favorite quotes . . .

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You want some squaaaaaaash!!
Shit no!! Sounds like somebody sat on dinner.

And this sucks. The world sucks now. George is gone. FUUK!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I was surprised and shocked to hear that, he was a voice of a generation when it came to comedians, he'll be missed.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I was thinking of Carlin as well last night when they brought up his 7 Dirty words in Private Parts on Universal HD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very sad to hear about this. He was my favorite comedian and commentator on our times. Such a great body of work too, and not just the usual suspects. Break out 1988's "What Am I Doing In New Jersey?" and you'll see what I mean. There will never be another like him.

He seemed to be having a hard time these last 10 years or so, since the death of his first wife. One of his HBO shows shortly after included the "Fuck Hope" bit, which made me think he was distressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks