What's new

George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So what is the release date of the movie? Also, Savini better be in this movie....or its not a real zombie movie. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great, more Romero and his zombie agenda, I want to see a Dead film from him where the plague of the zombies comes to an end. But that won't happen because as we all know Romero loves zombies more than he does humans so as long as he keeps making them the zombie population will continue to grow and we humans will continue to limp our way towards annialation.

Okay, another Dead film, that's cool with me as I love all zombie films, but I don't want to see a single frame of that walking dead asshole 'Big Daddy', i've never despised a zombie more than I despised him and all he represented.

I doubt he'll be in it, though as Romero's films have all been relatively unrelated to one another.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This one is set at the same time as Night of the Living Dead. It's the start of the outbreak, from a different perspective. I wish he would do it as a period piece, but I bet it's going to move the time up to around now.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I can deal with fast zombies...But, when they gain intelligence. They loose me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I sort of got used to the intelligence thing, although if I think about that for too long it begins to irritate me again, but it's the whole suggestion by Romero that zombies somehow now have a place in the world and that they have certain rights in society that got under my skin.

They're dead, kill em', they gave up they're rights when they kicked the bucket...

"I'm inspector Sledge Hammer and I don't give a damn about the rights of zombies, those brain-dead, smelly mutants." :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You ought to read The Walking Dead. Kirkman says:
  • No fast zombies (oops, I know you prefer those, John)
  • No intelligent zombies
  • No cheerleader/clown/other crazy occupation zombies
  • No animal zombies

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Diary of the Dead will premiere September 8th at the Toronto International Film Festival.

I'll be there...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
So this movie is finished already? They're done filming? Any idea when it'll come out here in the US?

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
As of this moment, the film still does not yet have a distributer, so it's not being released anywhere anytime soon, outside of festival screenings.

Depending on its reception at the TIFF, this status may change soon.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
James Berardinelli just posted a review of Diary of the Dead as part of his Toronto International Film Festival coverage. He LOVED it, saying "not only the most satisfying motion picture Romero has made in a long while, but one of the best of his career."

I wasn't particularly excited about this, but this has now shot up on my "must see" list.

You can read James' comments here:
http://www.reelviews.net/tiff2007/tiff2007_9.html

RyanAn

Screenwriter
My eyes are a tearin' - I can not wait to see this film!!! Thanks for all the links to the articles. Hopefully this will get a nice release and inspire more zombie flicks.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Man oh man am I excited about this film. I have been reading good things about it adn cannot wait!

romero is my favorite.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I don't know, man. I was diggin' the whole land mass motiff. You know, Land of the Dead, Penisula of the Dead, Continent of the Dead, Pangea of the Dead (zombie dinosaurs), Planet of the Dead. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks