What's new

Gentle Giant LTD (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just bought my first piece from this company and it arrives tomorrow. A limited edition set of only 500 pieces. A mini-bust of Baby Doll from Sucker Punch.

On order, I have the 18" statue of Sweet Pea. She is due to arrive in January of 2012. I missed the opportunity to get Baby Doll so I'm hoping a few end up on ebay. I'm sure she won't be cheap but I'm willing to pay.

I just joined their Premier Guild membership and am hoping more Sucker Punch ladies and collectibles will come.

Anyone a member, or collect their stuff?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Why am I not surprised. :D BTW, I know your avatar is Sucker Punch, but the colors always give it a strong Empire Strikes Back vibe to me. I thought it was that until I looked at it on your profile.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ron-P said:
She is due to arrive in January of 2012.
I would look at that as a rough estimate. Gentle Giant does great work but they do seem to push their release dates back quite a bit. I don't have any of them (yet) but Gentle Giant makes 12 inch reproductions of the old Kenner Star Wars toys. As someone who grew up playing with Star Wars figures, I think they're pretty cool.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm not too worried about actual release dates, as long as I can get my pre-order in. Which I do with Sweet Pea. I just hope I can get a pre-order in for the second round of Baby Doll's as that is the one I want the most.

As for Star Wars figures. I have all the original released ones from back in 1977 and the original trading cards #1 - #432 all in near perfect condition.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

BTW, I know your avatar is Sucker Punch, but the colors always give it a strong Empire Strikes Back vibe to me. I thought it was that until I looked at it on your profile.

Hahaha! Yeah, the colors are very similar and it almost looks Star Wars'ish in a small image like that. I cannot wait for those Blu's next month.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, with Sweet Pea on pre-order I had to get another. Today I bought Amber, she's the full 18" statue and limited to only 500 pieces. She should be here in about a week.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, the very elusive and VERY expensive 18" tall Baby Doll statue from Gentle Giant is on a UPS truck on her way to me. I got #207 of a very limited 500. The detail on her is flat out amazing, so cannot wait to see her in person...this Friday. She cost me nearly a grand but so worth it. Also on the way, (but not yet released), Amber, Sweet Pea and Rocket are on pre-order. These girls I was able to pre-order before they sold out by joining Gentle Giants Premier Guild, their only about $250 each. The last girl, Blondie, has yet to be announced but Gentle Giant said she is coming as they have planned a full set of all 5 girls. Not sure how I am going to display the girls just yet but I'm thinking a really cool stage modeled after a scene in the film would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks