GENERATION WAR

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ernest, May 6, 2014.

1. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

GENERATION WAR has been compared to "Band of Brothers" begins in Berlin 1941 when Hitler is about to invade the Soviet Union. The story deals with 5 young German friends, two brothers in the Wehrmacht being sent to the Eastern Front, a Jewish man who is a tailor, a young woman who volunteers to be a nurse and a young woman who wants to be an actress. Only Viktor, the Jewish tailor, begins to sense the impending horrors.

The video is excellent with lots of detail and depth not washed out look used "Band of Brothers" nad many other WW II movies. Hand held cameras are used especially during the scenes of heavy fighting. If you liked "Band of Brothers", "Das Boat", "Downfall" and "The Pacific" you will like "Generation War".

The mini series is spread over 2 two Blu-rays with the 3 episodes and extras on the two discs. A 12 page booklet is also included that provides detail about the production.

Video: 1080P/24
    Audio: German DTS HD Master
    Subtitles: English
    Region Code "A"
    Running Time: 279 Minutes

[​IMG]

2. Jari K

Jari K Producer

This is no Band of Brothers, but still a pretty good mini-series. WW2 history buffs should check it out.

3. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Being a WWII movie buff, when I first watched the trailer I was very eager to get it, then I started reading the reviews and apparently there's been quite a bit of criticism over its revisionist views. Now I'm on the fence. I'm hoping this will be available for rental so I can make up my mind about it.

4. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

What, more "good" Germans? There seem to be a lot more of them on film than there were in real life.

5. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Well, there's always that Band of Brothers, guys. If "good Germans" upset you. Just watch the series first. It's actually pretty good.