What's new

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Season 5 (2-Disk Sets = Region 1) (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA SEASON 5 COLLECTION 1

“Another Legendary Journey” – Sci-Fi Entertainment

ADV Films is pleased to announce a September 20 street date for Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Season 5 Collection 1, collecting the first five episodes of the award winning sci-fi series’ fifth season and including more than an hour of exclusive special features on two DVDs!

Starring Kevin Sorbo (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) as Captain Dylan Hunt and based on an original concept found in the unpublished papers of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda features inspiring stories of genuine heroism laced with humor, thundering action, and spectacular visual effects. A massive hit with TV audiences around the world, the Gemini Award-winning and Saturn Award-nominated Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda will thrill sci-fi and action fans of all ages!

Synopsis: Captain Dylan Hunt has never had it easy. He’s been trapped in time near a black hole for three hundred years… struggled with a less-than-cooperative crew of renegades, aliens, and androids… seen the Commonwealth government he sought to restore fall into the wrong hands and betray him. Now, he faces perhaps his greatest challenge – understanding his own past and ultimate destiny. On the meteor-scarred planet Seefra-1, Dylan and his crew uncover a mysterious secret… merging past, future, space, and time.

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Season 5 Collection 1 (SRP $39.98 DVD) is a two DVD release including the first five episodes of the fifth season presented in English 5.1. Special features include a “Meet the Cast” segment with Kevin Sorbo (Captain Dylan Hunt), Behind the Scenes with Director of Photography Gordon Verheul, Behind the Scenes with Executive Producer Bob Engels, a special feature “Visual Effects: From Concept to Completion,” TV promo spots, an art gallery, and – of course – bloopers!

DVD Product Details

Running Time: 250 minutes
Age Rating: TV PG
CAT: DAN/5D1
UPC: 702727096624
Pre-Book Date: 8/23/2005
Street Date: 9/20/2005
Format: DVD
SRP: $39.98

Product specifications and content configuration subject to change.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
I'm torn on this release...

I loved the first two seasons of this show... creative with good characters. Season 3 and 4 seemed to turn downward a bit, with some great episodes, but mostly passibles (and a few true stinkers).

I have all thats been released on DVD to this point, but i just can't see myself buying this season. The entire Seefra/paridym storyline was just bad. But somehow i wanna finish the collection... sigh...

I dunno what happened... I heard they had their budget slashed for this season, but I don't know if thats true.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What do you expect, that was the Sci Fi Channel's whole thing. They want good Sci Fi but at a slashed price. I feel the same way. I didn't care too much for the last season. While I have the first four seasons, at least the last episode of Season 4 ended to where you don't really need need to pick up the dreadful final season. The last two episodes were something else though, even though I hated the way they ended the last episode. It was very tasteless.

At any rate, I'll wait until Andromeda Season 5 is out in a collector's box at a reduced price on the ADV Films website where they have their slashed sales and then I'll pick it up for about $50, which is a reasonable price. Other than that, I'll be passing on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks