What's new

GC NCAA 2K3 vs NCAA 2003 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm sure most of you will favor the Madden based 2003...but in general I'm a fan of the Sega Sports games. I need to decide which to purchase...and I thought I'd ask you guys. I have NCAA2k2 for DC, and it kinda sucks...is 2k3 any better?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Ditto Matt. I prefer the Sega Sports games. NFL2K and NFL2K1 were brilliant. NFL2K2 had a some kinks, and was not brilliant, but it was pretty good. NFL2K3 looks like the best football game yet. All the NBA2K games were brilliant. NHL2K series have been very good, especially 2K1. But I'd have to give the edge to EA here. As for Tennis and Baseball, Sega is king, if you excuse the ridiculous WSB2K2.

So I agree with you. As for your question, everything points to it being the best. PS2 magazine said it was more polished, as well as looked, sounded, and played better. That's what I heard. Can't verify it. But I'm buying NFL2K3. I just prefer the way it plays.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Kewl...that's what I'll probably do then. I'm sure it would be pretty hard for me to be disappointed.

Thx Terrell.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I had NCAA 2K2 and didn't like it too much. The actual gameplay was great but the recruiting and other areas were messed up... I took it back and went back to NCAA 2001 for PS1...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...2K2 had problems...especially when they played the IU fight song for Purdue. :)
That's really what I'm looking to find out...if they have improved on 2K2, or if it is virtually the same game w/better graphics. Does anyone have a comprehensive preview up...?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I didn't buy any of the NCAA football games, so I can't comment on it. IGN has a semi-preview up, and an article on the highly revamped franchise mode of NFL2K3.
Here's one link:
Link Removed

It sure is purdy!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Any more ideas? Any early reviews? I really wanna play a college football game...and would like to know if I should wait for 2k3 or buy NCAA 2003 now.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Matt Stone,
Check out www.operationsports.com This site is great if you are looking for information on any sports game plus the forums can be a source of useful information.
From what I have heard on Operation Sport NCAA 2003 is supposed to be better that NCAA 2k3. I have never purchased or played a college level football game so I have no hands on opinion. At the pro level I too am going to buy NFL 2k3.
Chris

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Terrell,
There is a huge error in that last image -
The Packers don't give up rushing touchdowns. ;)
Bryan

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hmmm...I guess I'll just wait for 2K3. I would go with 2003 right now, but damn I hate the Madden engine. I got Madden 2002 for the GC last year...and I just can't stand it.

Unless NCAA 2003 is leaps and bounds better than 2K3...I'll just wait.

Thanks guys!

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
IGN.com just raked the PS2 version of 2K3 -- it got a 6.8 on a scale of 10. Review gave high marks to graphics (especially stadiums) but also criticized the title for poor A.I., an uninspired playbook, and some rather unacceptable gameplay bugs (failing to award safeties, for example.)

I love college football, am already playing NCAA Football 2003, and was looking forward to this one (already pre-ordered it.) Oh well. . .

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hmmm...crap. Looks like I'm between a rock and a hard place. Play a great game with an engine that I hate, or play a crummy game with an engine that I love.

Decisions, decisions...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
NCAA 2003 got much better reviews all around than NCAA 2K3 did. I like Sega Sports (especially NBA 2K2) but I'm going with EA when it comes to college football.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...I should probably do the same. I just hate that damn Madden engine, I can never get the hang of it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hmmm...It doesn't sound that awful...but this would be a much easier decision if I liked the Madden engine.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Alright, pulled the trigger and picked up 2003 today. I've gotta say...after a couple of games, I really like it. Thanks for the help deciding guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks