What's new

Garden State DVD (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Kustes

Agent
From the writer/director/actor Zaff Braff:

"We're working on tv spots and believe it or not, we're already working on the dvd. There are gonna be so many phat extras. Nat and Peter and I are getting together to record the commentary next week. And there's so many deleted scenes and outakes."

Also the GS site has updated and already there are a lot of behind the scenes things.

"check out the behind the scenes stuff on the site. I was surprised how much they put up there. There's also a bunch of hidden extras. I would have just put them up there, but you know web geeks; they love to hide things in secret places."

You think it will be a two-disc? I expect this film to be like Eternal Sunshine, that's a work of art.

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator

:thumbsdown: Don't like this kind of strategy, if it is based solely on how the first release does business. Hopefully the studios don't pick up on this practice. Granted, it's a small movie, but still...

I'll probably wait a while before buying this since there is a small chance that there is 2 disc version coming out in the future. Although, my waiting isn't helping...

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
I hope there is eventually a Special Edition of this movie, because I just watched the DVD and the video quality is sadly mediocre. The print I saw in the theatre was distinct, detailed, colorful and clean. The DVD was soft, the colors were off, and motion was rendered badly (watch the freckle on Natalie Portman's face wander around when she moves her head -- ugh). The last time I saw an image like this, it was the Love, Actually DVD, which owed it's mediocre picture to the massive amounts of deleted scenes crammed onto the same disc. I haven't checked to see how many deleted scenes there are -- hopefully we'll get an hour like Braff promised :) that would help me forgive the poor image quality.

But the moment there is any hint of a Special Edition, I'm selling this version. Still, with two commentary tracks and the deleted scenes, this isn't bad DVD... personally, I would have rather had great image with a second disc for the features and double the price, but then again, I don't work in marketing at Focus Features.

By the way, love the movie even more the second time. It's an owner, for sure :emoji_thumbsup:

Joel C

Screenwriter

Fox Searchlight, actually. And the studio IS employing said 2-disc philosophy for I Heart Huckabee's, which was in no way as popular as Garden State, so go figure. I'm sure this will be a strong seller for Fox anyway (witness the massive success of Napoleon Dynamite).

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Just saw this, and my God it was good. I've heard good things and I like Portman and Braff, but my wife still had to drag me in to watch it. This movie got to me and that doesn't happen much. Just down and out great.

:emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I picked it up on a recommendation from a number of friends and I still wasn't sure if I'd like it. Boy, was I wrong. It was a wonderful little movie. They blended comedy and drama together well which for most movies that seems hard to do.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I loved Garden State but I am avoiding the single-disc DVD edition in the hope of a proper 2-disc edition eventually.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator

I'm not really sure what your waiting for, but the current version has a clean animorphic 2:35 transfer. Has two commentaries and lodes of deleted scenes (with commentaries). Hey there's no DTS sound option but the DD sounds good to me.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The director had planned for a two-disc edition before the studio cut him down to one. So whatever he had planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks