What's new

Gangs Of New York (Alliance Version) (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
I went to my local rental video store here in Montreal and )they had the Gangs Of York dvd for rent before the July 2nd release date.I picked it up checked the back and there's no DTS on it!! They replaced it with the french 5.1 instead.I'm gonna have to order it from amazon.com now.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
That's odd since DVDFile lists the following tracks:

English DD 5.1
French DD 5.1
English DTS 5.1

There should be no need to add or eliminate anything for the Canadian version. :confused:

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
To all fellow Canadians, I have seen the Alliance DVD SET ....and there is no DTS on it. Guess I will go south on July 1st and pick up a Miramax copy.

Ian

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
I have a copy here, although the packaging doesn't indicate DTS, the set up menu does. *PHEW*

I will check though at home to be sure. No reason why it shouldn't have DTS. It's the same edition (specs etc).

Alliance is often sloppy on their packaging :rolleyes

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ phew thanks. That's the best news I've heard all day :D ...cuz my copy was just mailed out to me.

**eagerly awaits your confirmation**

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Play the dts track, just in case AA was sloppy with the menu, and careful with the package!

Though I prefer dts, I can live without it, but I just get annoyed with AA when they leave out features for no apparent reason. With the movie on 2 discs, there's no excuse.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
FWIW, the info I got today says the Canadian version has the movie spread over 2 discs, and has dts.

You know, *most* times the Alliance releases are the same as the U.S. versions, except for non-U.S. films where I suppose there are some feature licensing issues.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ yeah, a good way to see if Alliance changed anything is to put the disc in and see if the Alliance intro pops up. Most of the time, they don't even touch the disc itself, only the disc art.

I wonder how many people didn't finish reading the whole thread and cancelled their CDN version...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I liked the previous cover better which had the New York skyline cut out of an American flag. However, this applies to both the US and Canadian version, so Alliance is not to blame.

However, I still hate Alliance.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ yeah, the DTS track is there. Watched it Monday. I think it's identical to the US version since they didn't add the Alliance intro onto the actual disc itself.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
If you need a 2nd verification, I too can assure you that it has DTS. Also, no Alliance intro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks