What's new

Gaming on your Home Theater? (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Do all of you have your gaming systems hooked up to your tv's? I just recently hooked up my PS2, Cube, and XBOX to my Panny 47' HD 16x9 TV, and have been enjoying a few of my games on there, very nice, but mind you I worry the hell out of myself with the "burn in problem" I mean I know for sure I'm not going to leave the system on pause, or play for hours and hours, but still I worry, do any of you have these concerns, or have had any problems?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
As long as you take a break from the games every two hours or so you should be fine. Just dont leave it on pause all night ... then you may have problems.

Jason_H

Second Unit
More importantly than taking a break, make sure you have your brightness and contrast set at reasonably low levels. I have a Toshiba 56H80 I've been gaming on for almost two years now (all console types, including PC) with no troubles.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, gaming is my other hobby so I really want to enjoy them on my TV that I just recently purchased about 2 months ago, and don't want to ruin my investment. I've been really carefull so far, and even sometimes I stop and change from the game to a normal TV channel. I have my brightness on 40, and my contrast (picture) set on 31, those are set to the Avia disc, still a little high you think? Also my Panny has a scan mode that allows me to switch between sources, TV and Game are listed, Game mode seems to lighten the screen a bit, think this is there for gaming?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It depends on what the lighting conditions were when you calibrated to determine whether or not your set's contrast and black level are too high or not. If you calibrated with too much ambient light in the room, it's probably too high because you were compensating for the room lighting.

If you calibrated in a dark room, your monitor will be fine for playing games because your contrast and black level will be down. My suggestion would be to put AVIA in your PS2's dvd drive and calibrate a separate video channel using that, the resulting settings will also translate to any game you play on your PS2, just do it in a darkened room. You can also do the same for your X-BOX if you have the dvd adapter for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks