What's new

GAMERA VS. ZIGRA/GAMERA, THE SUPER MONSTER Hitting DVD In March! (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Thanks for the update! I have all that have been released on DVD except "Attack All Monsters" from Retromedia. Guess I'll have to get that if you want the American version. Just watched the BD of the two from Mill Creek...what a delight! Not sure if 1.78:1 was their correct aspect ratio, but they sure looked great!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Oh, yes, I heard those GAMERA blues from Mill Creek were superb looking. I can predict, when I go blu, that double feature will be the first one I get. I understand as blues go, they're dirt cheap!

I think 1.85:1 is indeed their correct aspect ratio, but putting them in 1.78:1 loses nothing in the picture since the ratios are so close.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Originally Posted by John Sparks /forum/thread/307303/gamera-vs-zigra-gamera-the-super-monster-hitting-dvd-in-march#post_3765823

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
does this mean Shout! Factory will have a complete Gamera collection due out around the same time as Mystery science Theater 3000's all Gamera set XXI?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I just skimmed the thread, since I'm prepping for supper here, but you might wanna go to Shout! Factory's Forum, to get your answer. They've got a thread called, Gamera MST3K Set , which might be of some interest to you, and other fans. The only GAMERA flicks I like from this series are VS. BARUGON and VS. JIGER, which I still need to get. I don't like that they turned the series into a kiddie fodder, like they did with Godzilla for a while. What a travesty. Thank God, the later flicks, of both monsters, returned to their more serious roots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks