What's new

GameCube Pre-Orders part deux.. (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Just off the phone to the local EB, and pre-orders will formally start in stores on October 15th. Guy claimed they had no info yet on bundles etc, but lots of websites are reporting bundles of GC+MemCard+3 Games + 3rd party controller for $400... Hrmmmmm... Not what I'm wanting.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
EB will begin taking pre-orders for the GameCube this coming Monday, October 15. To participate you'll have to put in $100 down and you'll also be agreeing to a $399 bundle deal. The elements in this bundle are as follows:
Base GameCube system (Update Mixed reports on ability to specify color)
1 Nintendo memory card
1 InterAct controller
Combination of any 3 of the following titles:
All-Star Baseball 2002
Luigi's Mansion
NHL Hitz
Madden 2002
Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race
1 year subscription to Ziff-Davis' GAMENOW
1 Copy of Gameover: History of Nintendo
"There she blows"

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I'll see you there...
icon13.gif
pttthhhhpt
icon13.gif

------------------

James St

Supporting Actor
Damn, this really sucks. I was planning to preorder a Gamecube with Star Wars(the only launch title I want), memory card and s-video cables from EB, but I'm not willing to put down extra money on games and accessories I really don't want. If retailers only offer GCN bundles for preorder then I may end up preordering an X-Box instead.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Looks like I'll just be heading to my local Wal-Mart, Super-K, or Meijer to pick it up at Midnight. All I want is a Cube, memory card, Star Wars, and Luigi's Mansion. I'll be getting Wave Race and an extra controller for Christmas. I'm only going to spend a bit over $300, not $400.
I'm getting sick of these "bundle-only" pre-orders.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm only going to spend a bit over $300, not $400.
Your plans are similiar to mine - I didn't want to lay down $400 straightaway, especially on three games I haven't played. MonkeyBall is a must have for me, and then it's a case of "wait & see" between the initial launch games & the others that are out before Christmas.
I think I'll be visiting my local ToysRUs that weekend.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks