What's new

Gamecube Controller (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Anyone know how long the cord will be? Anyone know if old controller extenders (N64 versions) will work with the new controllers? Thanks.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK, the cord is around as long as the N64 one (maybe longer) and I don't think the controller extenders are compatible. Check out Videogames.com and find their GameCube supersite and look for the specs of the hardware.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Morgan,
Thanks but I'm did not find any cord length information. This seems to be ignored information since Nintendo is coming out with the Wavebird (but not in time for the launch).
-Andre
------------------

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Andre;
The cord from the tip of the plug to the actual controller itself runs about 6.5 ft long.
------------------
-J.Fo
"Why do I always get a warped one?"

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Only 6.5 feet Jeffrey? Wow... that's much shorter than I was led to believe they would be.
As posted previously, I have a friend who is a developer working on a major GC game and I had the opportunity to play it at his house (using a hard-disk adapter on the GC)... we got to talking about Dreamcast and I mentioned how I wish the cords were a couple feet longer, and I am pretty sure he had said the GC cords were going to be around 9 ft(!) which sounded great... Sorry to hear they aren't that long... unless of course the American version will differ from your import.
Regardless, thanks for the info!
------------------
sig.jpg

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Remember that Jeffrey has an import console. There might be a length difference (Americans tend to have more room to sit further from the TV).
As an example, I have Super Famicom controllers with shorter cables than the (nearly identical) SNES controllers.
Also, I own import and domestic versions of the PSX NeGcon controller, and the domestic ones have longer cables.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Aaaaack!
furious.gif
. I hate short cords. I sit around 11 ft from my TV which means I have to sit on the floor to play. I can't find a company who sells any extenders except Mad Catz but they are not available until November 18. Oh well I'll just shop around after I pick up the system and hope I find some extenders.
-Andre F
------------------

Andre F

Screenwriter
I finally found one. Look Link Removed for details.
-Andre F
------------------
[Edited last by Andre F on October 29, 2001 at 06:19 PM]

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
we must remember the typical japanese living room is MUCH smaller than our huge spaces.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Is the Wavebird available in Japan yet? Has anyone seen reviews of it? Cordless controllers have never been good performers but this one might change all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks