What's new

Game issue on PS2 (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I tried to put in Shrek 2 last night for my niece. It kept coming up saying no data on disk. I tried a diffrent game and everything worked fine.
What happened????

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Both the PS2 and Xbox will not play certain DVD movies for reasons beyond my understanding. Over at ign.com they have a list of movies that will not play on both machines, however, I'm pretty sure that Shrek 2 is too new to be updated on to their list. That is not to say that something might not be wrong with the disc - have you tried it on a stand-alone dvd player?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
This is the Shrek 2 video game not movie. We had been playing it for a couple of months. My nephew used it a couple of weeks ago and when I tried to load it for my niece it came up with no data. Can you erase the games by accident?

Ralph_G

Auditioning
Quick couple of questions..... How old is the Playstation unit, and is the Shrek 2 game on a DVD format?? from what I understand, and this is hearsay as this has yet to happen to me, the older Playstation 2s will stop playing DVDs and DVD games due to dust build up in the unit. Short of sending it to Sony for service, there isn't much you can do about it.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I haven't tried to clean anything yet. It's strange becuase everything else works. Even DVD's....It's almost like the game was erased.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I assume that you've tried this already, but just in case you hadn't considered it...will the game load fine on another PS2?

As far as the hearsay about older PS2s having issues due to dust buildup--I won't say that it is or isn't true, but FWIW I have a first-gen (i.e., bought 11/00 IIRC) U.S. unit and to this day it still loads games--even Shrek 2--w/o any problems.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I haven't ried it on another console yet. I don't have anyone who has one readily. I bought mine about 2 years ago. I'll try that and see if it works. Can you load it into a dvd player and expect anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks