What's new

GAME: Guess an upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
FoxyMulder said:
That's what their reply was to me to when i went back to the site to post approx seventeen minutes later, i found i was banned and that was their reason, no other explanation was given to me and i had broken no rules, ( I didn't have time to break the rules ) anyways so people know who i am, i use the same screen name at any site i join, it worked against me at that site.
Whats wrong with your screen name? :huh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I hope to see another one of these at some point, these guessing contests. I made the request to TT, They told me to ask you. So now I have. Thanks.
Let me talk to them.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
battlebeast said:
Whats wrong with your screen name? :huh:
Someone at AVS doesn't like me and is a forum moderator at Bluray.com that's my guess, anyhoo i wrote that post ages ago.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks Mr. Epstein. I hope I didn't step on your toes. Much obliged.
No, not at all. I just didn't think TT was overly impressed with the game in the first place.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
UPDATESpoke with Twilight Time. They sent me a few titles that I could start another
guessing game with.

I just need to look over and consider the many suggestions in this thread that
all of you gave to make the game harder so that it's not over within an hour or two.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay, I am going to *tentatively* start a new game later this afternoon.

Here are some suggestions, directly from some of you.
Maybe yes or no questions without specifics such as the year, the actors names, plot.
My vote here is that the game involves Ron giving out a clue and then people can guess but I think the one guess only thing works because with the group posting here these are going to get sorted out pretty quickly. If you only have one guess you will need to use it wisely.
Perhaps to prolong the game each member could ask one question and have one guess. Then Mr Epstein posts only at the end of each day with the winner (the first to guess correctly) or indicates who is warm etc and provide a further clue.

If I missed anyone's suggestion. Apologies. I just skimmed the thread. Feel free to contribute ideas.

Here is what I am proposing based on these suggestions:

1. No questions on actors, year, plot, genre. I will attempt to give out the most
obscure clue possible. Don't know if I can be that clever, but I will try. If anyone
here thinks they can be an expert in obscurity, I might be willing to take on a volunteer
to help me with this contest. The title(s) will be revealed in any event so I don't mind
sharing with someone that wants to help.

2. One question and one guess per member each day.

3. We can either allow guesses to be public or members can PM me and I can
announce those who guessed it correctly (without revealing answer), and thus,
keeping the contest going for everyone else. I am just not certain I want to deal
with all the private messages....but I am willing to try the idea.

I will give you guys a few hours to look over the proposal and let me know what
you think.

I may start the contest by 12 noon EST today. Worst case would be Sunday, as
I can monitor the thread more closely.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
haineshisway said:
Classic Golden Age titles will sit there gathering dust while every 80s piece of crap sells out immediately. I've never quite seen anything like it.
Bruce, you are my hero. And, not only because of the wonderful soundtracks you put out. I just hope and pray that there are more Golden Age titles in the upcoming batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks