What's new

Game Boy Advance (1 Viewer)

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Games can get up to 39.99, which is really pricey.. SFII Turbo is really good as well as the Mario, FZERO and Tetris....
------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Mario Kart is the bees knees, dogs cogs etc. Its quite probably one of the greatest racing games released for any system ever. Tony Hawks 2 is also rather groovy, and I've heard really good things about the turn-based strategy game Advance Wars.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I have a question. Every time pro's and con's of the Game Boy Advanced are listed, the ability to use it as a controller on a Game Cube is brought up. Is this really much of a pro? How useful of a controller would this really be compared to a normal GCN controller?
I know there are games planed that will somehow incorporate the GCA into the gameplay of the GCN. But to just use it as a controller....? I guess it would save you a few bucks from having to pick up another GCN controller, but.....
Or am I just missing something?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I bought two shortly after they came out. My girlfriend and I are both happy with them. We mostly use them on our commute, playing both GBA games and old GB games. The two zeldas (red and blue) for the GBC are great!
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
If you like turn-based strategy, Advance Wars is reason enough by itself to pick up a GBA. Just ignore the cutesy anime-style characters - it's a deceptively deep military strategy game. They even managed to pack a map creator/editor in there!
I also enjoy Castlevania, Rayman, & the Mario games, but since I got Advance Wars it has been practically glued into my GBA!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, you won't be able to use the GBA as a second GCN controller. Instead, you will be able to use it for some games that have features for it (and possibly their GBA counterparts, like the new Kirby GBA and GCN game, and definitely Pokemon) but you can't use it as a regular controller.
I have Rayman and Mario Kart. Both are astonishingly good for a handheld.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Are there any rumors out there about nintendo releasing a GBA with a backlight? I absolutely refuse to buy another nintendo portable until they do this. I was able to borrow a GBA from a guy at work and the screen absolutely sucks. Give me a backlight and you get my money...

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Backlight=battery drain
Just buy a light attachment if it bothers you so much. Myself, I have gotten used the screen, even without a light attachment.

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
I love mine and I love the battery life. No complaints here.
------------------
Michael
Video Game Tracker
DVD Tracker
DVD Profiler
CD Tracker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks