What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Okay.Cliff's NotesClue #1: The Method, an Italian muse, Spaghetti sauce, it all comes out in the wash.
Hint: The Fugitive Kind (1959) inspired someone who altered the film in question by changing their wardrobe.These clues bind the Lumet film and this together.
Clue #2: Poor Marni Nixon… he “walked the line.”
Hint: As ROclockCK stated, dubbing. A particular performance was sung without dubbing or replacement ala Walk the Line (2005).
Clue #3: Richard Brooks directed “too.”Hint: Richard Brooks directed two films based or inspired by the works of Tennessee Williams. Our film is also linked in two ways.

Clue #4: Franciosa, Forsythe, Parks. Who’s on first? Or is it second?
Hint: These men all have something in common. Hence "Who's on first?" They are all worked with someone. This list includes one more who's tied to this picture in so many ways.
Clue # 5: Chinatown has a two-fold connection. Even if once removed.
Hint: Two members of the cast are related by blood to others who appeared in the film.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Remember 1 question, 1 guess. Anyone not abiding by the post rule will not qualify for the prize.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
schan1269 said:
Shot in the dark...

Man on Horseback (1969) (I've only seen this movie R2 VHS)

Lots of Italy in this German epic. The score is new for TT. The "Kevin Bacon" is no more than 1 degree on all clues. (HBO remake is The Jack Bull)

And there is this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kohlhaas_(film)

Fabulous movie
No such luck Schan. Better luck tomorrow. Based on your comments, I think you might have it. We'll see.. :)

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Wild at Heart suddenly jumps out at me, but it has more than two blood relations to Chinatown. Nic Cage to John Huston, Laura Dern to Diane Ladd (who's also in the movie), and Crispin Glover to his dad Bruce.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
And I just had a complete brain fart, Cage is related to Coppola, not Huston. I hope my HTF membership isn't revoked.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
seangood79 said:
Wild at Heart suddenly jumps out at me, but it has more than two blood relations to Chinatown. Nic Cage to John Huston, Laura Dern to Diane Ladd (who's also in the movie), and Crispin Glover to his dad Bruce.
WE HAVE A WINNER! It is indeed David's Lynch's Wild at Heart (1990). As for bloodlines I could only think of two. You're right at any rate. It is Wild at Heart. Scored by TT newcomer Angelo Badalamenti and certainly something to look forward to. I expect this to sell briskly. We'll see. And again, way to go!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Seangood79,

Congrats. I will be in touch with you shortly about selecting your Twilight Time title.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
My thanks to TT and to Ron for the opportunity. I hope we can do this again at some point. And also kudos to all of you for sticking here with me each and every day. I do appreciate it. Cheers!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My guess tomorrow would have been wrong...

Bastard out of Carolina (Italian muse involvement) but the two "related's" were the narrator and director. (Fox property...banned theatrically till Showtime brought it along as a "torch")

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
TravisR said:
Awesome! However, that might be a title that gives Christine a run for the money in terms of quickness of selling out.
Lynch fans are quite devout. We'll see. I hope to one day see a certain vampire film with James Woods. That too would sell out.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Now do any of you want a clue rundown before this is closed? Let me know.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Wow thanks Bruce and Ron.
Though I'm embarrassed my winning post had me saying Nic Cage was related to John Huston.
This contest has been very much like a David Lynch movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BPullen said:
Lynch fans are quite devout. We'll see. I hope to one day see a certain vampire film with James Woods. That too would sell out.
I would buy Vampires in a second but I was wondering if TT wasn't interested since it wasn't a movie from Carpenter's classic era of the 1970's and 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks