What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Way to go on a fab attempt. This is not The Glass Menagerie (1987). The way to look at it is each clue is a part of the larger puzzle not necessarily the whole ballgame wrapped up in a neat package. You're warmer as far as drifting away to other things. Keep trying John! Keep trying.
And of course I realize now that TT HAS at least one Mancini-scored film already, "Experiment in Terror," which I even own! WAY off my game this week. LOL.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Ken Koc said:
Bruce did you say "No" to NO DOWN PAYMENT?
Yes I said no. I just don't like saying "sadly no" or "but no" the same way every time over and over. I try to mix it up. Yes that was a no Ken.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
John Doe said:
To Sir, With Love
(Cue clapping) "Way to Jack... way to go..." No John, To Sir, With Love (1967) is not the title. I'm applauding because you mention a line of Columbia's catalog still untouched by TT. I mentioned this awhile ago and still nothing. Eventually, I hope I'm smiling. :)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
My question for the day: If it's not "The Sound and The Fury," does (furious) sound have somewhat of a relationship to the title of this film?

Gromilini

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Logan
Huh. Okay.

Clue #1: The Method, an Italian muse, Spaghetti sauce, it all comes out in the wash -- the first two parts led me to The Fugitive Kind, starring Joanne Woodward. The second two led to Hombre (starring Paul Newman, and with the line "Guess I brought down my dirty laundry by mistake"), which was directed by Martin Ritt.

Clue #2: Clue #2: Poor Marni Nixon… he “walked the line.” Yul Brynner did his own singing in The King and I, but Marni Nixon dubbed Deborah Kerr.

Clue #3: Richard Brooks directed Yul Brynner in The Brothers Karamazov, but I'm still trying to find the other commonality.

Clue #4: Franciosa worked with Joanne Woodward in The Long Hot Summer and The Drowning Pool. Beyond that, no clue.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
A possibly useful time and place to post this updated TT-Releases-by-Composer breakdown:
Jerry Goldsmith
- Fate is the Hunter [DVD], Stagecoach [DVD], The Flim-Flam Man [DVD], Our Man Flint, In Like Flint, The Other, The Blue Max

Alfred Newman - The Egyptian (co-scored with Bernard Herrmann), The Song of Bernadette, Leave Her to Heaven, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing, Drums Along the Mohawk (IST N/A)

Bernard Herrmann - The Egyptian (co-scored with Alfred Newman), Mysterious Island, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jane Eyre
Alex North - Bite the Bullet, Désirée, The Sound and the Fury, Pony Soldier

George Duning - Picnic, Bell Book & Candle, The Eddie Duchin Story
Hugo Friedhofer - Violent Saturday [DVD], Woman Obsessed [DVD], The Rains of Ranchipur
Franz Waxman - Demetrius and the Gladiators, My Cousin Rachel [DVD], Beloved Infidel

Georges Delerue - Rapture, Steel Magnolias
Maurice Jarre - Enemy Mine, The Only Game in Town
Henry Mancini - High Time, Experiment in Terror

Malcolm Arnold - The Roots of Heaven
Daniele Amphitheatrof - Major Dundee (1965 Theatrical)
Georges Auric - Bonjour Tristesse
Burt Bacharach - Lost Horizon (1973)
Roque Baños - Sexy Beast
John Barry - Zulu
Dee Barton - Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Richard Rodney Bennett - Nicholas and Alexandra

Roy Budd - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger
David Buttolph - Swamp Water
Christopher Caliendo - Major Dundee (2005 Restoration)
John Carpenter - Christine (co-scored with Alan Howarth)
Ry Cooder - Alamo Bay

Frank Cordell - Khartoum
Ross DiMaggio - Man in the Dark (Musical Director from Stock)
Pino Donaggio - Body Double
Barry De Vorzon - Hard Times
Robert Drasnin - The Kremlin Letter [DVD]
Robert Farnon - The Disappearance
Brad Fiedel - Fright Night
Jerry Fielding - Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia (Announced, No Date Yet)
Ira Gershwin - Cover Girl (co-scored with Jerome Kern - IST N/A)
Elliot Goldenthal - Titus

Ron Goodwin - Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Mark Governor - Mindwarp
Johnny Green - Oliver!

Dave Grusin - The Front
Marvin Hamlisch - The Way We Were
Leigh Harline - The Wayward Bus
Michael Hoenig - The Blob '88 (Announced, No Date Yet)

Friedrich Hollaender (aka Frederick Hollander) - Born Yesterday (Announced, No Date Yet)
Alan Howarth - Christine (co-scored with John Carpenter)
Lorenz Hart - Pal Joey
Laurie Johnson - First Men In The Moon (Announced, No Date Yet)
Jerome Kern - Cover Girl (co-scored with Ira Gershwin - IST N/A)
Paul McCullough - Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Arthur Morton - The Big Heat (together with Henry Vars)
Basil Poledouris - The Blue Lagoon
Richard Rogers - Pal Joey

Miklos Rozsa - The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Marc Shaiman - Sleepless in Seattle
Howard Shore - Philadelphia
Michael Small - The Driver
Charles Strouse - Bye-Bye Birdie

Ken Thorne - Royal Flash (Conductor/Music Adaptor)
Henry Vars - The Big Heat (together with Arthur Morton)
John Williams - The Fury
Victor Young - The Left Hand of God [DVD]
Hans Zimmer - As Good As It Gets

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Figured it might come in handy right about now John. ;)

Just off the top, here are some vintage composers conspicuous by their absence in TT's collection (so far): Ennio Morricone, Max Steiner, Elmer Bernstein, Leonard Rosenman, Lionel Newman, Dimitri Tiomkin, Quincy Jones, Graeme Revell, Michel Legrand, and Andre Previn...

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Gromilini said:
Huh. Okay.

Clue #1: The Method, an Italian muse, Spaghetti sauce, it all comes out in the wash -- the first two parts led me to The Fugitive Kind, starring Joanne Woodward. The second two led to Hombre (starring Paul Newman, and with the line "Guess I brought down my dirty laundry by mistake"), which was directed by Martin Ritt.

Clue #2: Clue #2: Poor Marni Nixon… he “walked the line.” Yul Brynner did his own singing in The King and I, but Marni Nixon dubbed Deborah Kerr.

Clue #3: Richard Brooks directed Yul Brynner in The Brothers Karamazov, but I'm still trying to find the other commonality.

Clue #4: Franciosa worked with Joanne Woodward in The Long Hot Summer and The Drowning Pool. Beyond that, no clue.
An interesting springboard Gromilini. Please put any conjecture or theorizing bunched with either your question or guess. We try to follow the 1 guess and 1 question rule as much as possible. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks