What's new

FX premiere Fargo Season 1 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnMor said:
The fish shit was a bit too much. I hate that kind of crap. Reminds me of the frogs in Magnolia.
(I don't think we need to spoilerize something that already aired)

I actually agree with you on this, and I was also reminded of Magnolia. I'm still holding out hope that there is some logical explanation for it.

richm41

Auditioning
Real Name
RichM
Fish from the sky? Had that Sharknado kind of effect on me and took me out of the story line for a bit.

Poor Molly, she was the moral center for the show, I sure hope it's a flesh wound. Not sure Gus is up to the task to track down Malvo on his own.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I felt bad for many people in this episode.

Surely Molly's not...right??

"The Gustafson Parking Garage" -- Yah, that was a pretty sweet deal Jerry brought 'em.

So after Lester got into the car when escaping the hospital, he breathes a sigh of relief, and then it cuts to commercial. I thought it would've been a nice touch if he then realized that he had to scrape all the ice off the car. It would have been slightly comical, yet tension-heightening. Just something I was pondering at the time.Anyway, I love how this is playing out. The snowstorm-chase scene was masterful, and so was poor Dennis getting gunned down in slow motion.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
MarkMel said:
Fish have rained from the sky before and there is a scientific explanation.

http://sciencequestionswithchris.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/can-it-rain-fish/

A little goofy for the show but it does happen.
Thanks for the link. That actually makes me feel a lot better about the scene. Although I still have to wonder if there would be that many of them.

joshEH said:
and so was poor Dennis getting gunned down in slow motion.
With yet another nod to a Coen Bros classic - Blood Simple with the light coming through the bullet holes.

I can almost guarantee Molly's still alive. Just the fact that they showed her completely face down looking lifeless like that makes me think that. She was probably wearing a vest and/or lots of winter layers to help slow down the bullet. The only question is whether she'll ever forgive Gus for shooting her (or if he'll forgive himself). The way that episode was going I was half expecting him to turn the gun on himself.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I hope Molly's not dead. That would really hurt the show for me.

Lester is pure stupidity. He always SEEMS clever - like getting out of the hospital or trying to frame someone. But, he's just an idiot. Where does he go now? He ran...it looks bad. And, framing your brother? Who would buy that?

Looking forward to Malvo vs Deaf Guy. Should be chilling and hilarious.

And, blowing away spray tan boy? Wow...not even he deserved that. Brutal.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
He did run, but he came back to the hospital. He's sitting in his bed waiting for the evidence he planted to play out and exonerate him.

I hope it doesn't work out that way, that Lester gets off.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
It was pretty cool how when he saw the picture of his brother's family you thought maybe he was having second thoughts. Speaking of which, I didn't understand putting the gun in the son's backpack. Is that how he plans to get the house searched?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Scott Hanson said:
It was pretty cool how when he saw the picture of his brother's family you thought maybe he was having second thoughts. Speaking of which, I didn't understand putting the gun in the son's backpack. Is that how he plans to get the house searched?
Yeah, that was a beautifully written, directed and played moment. I had a brief moment of hope for him, and then...

Yes, that was my assumption about putting the gun in the backpack. Although, I don't see that a police search would necessarily follow, even if it was found at school But we'll see.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnMor said:
Yes, that was my assumption about putting the gun in the backpack. Although, I don't see that a police search would necessarily follow, even if it was found at school But we'll see.
Yeah I would think if anything it would prompt the brother to immediately look in his gun safe and find the hammer before the police are able to.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Scott Hanson said:
Yeah I would think if anything it would prompt the brother to immediately look in his gun safe and find the hammer before the police are able to.
That's what I would think too. Of course, I don't know enough about guns, perhaps that one is illegal to own in Minnesota, and hence might trigger more action than "just" a gun in a kid's backpack (as strange as that is to say. LOL.) He does have quite the stash and they are pretty well hidden, so maybe they're not all legal?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnMor said:
That's what I would think too. Of course, I don't know enough about guns, perhaps that one is illegal to own in Minnesota, and hence might trigger more action than "just" a gun in a kid's backpack (as strange as that is to say. LOL.) He does have quite the stash and they are pretty well hidden, so maybe they're not all legal?
Then again, wouldn't it be just like Lester to miscalculate that and it will indeed lead to the brother finding the hammer before the police do? And it's not like he did a great job wiping the prints.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Scott Hanson said:
Then again, wouldn't it be just like Lester to miscalculate that and it will indeed lead to the brother finding the hammer before the police do? And it's not like he did a great job wiping the prints.
Very true.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The kid takes the gun to school. It is found. Police are called in. They check its registration number. Trace it back to papa. Get a court order to check papa's home and find gun stash, along with hammer and Lester's late wife's panty. Connection: brother-in-law has been having an affair with Lester's wife, kills her and hides hammer (and panty, "sick bastard" that he is) in this secluded closet. So now they have motive and weapon.
Lester is taking his revenge on everyone in his life who has ever called him a loser.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
bujaki said:
The kid takes the gun to school. It is found. Police are called in. They check its registration number. Trace it back to papa. Get a court order to check papa's home and find gun stash, along with hammer and Lester's late wife's panty. Connection: brother-in-law has been having an affair with Lester's wife, kills her and hides hammer (and panty, "sick bastard" that he is) in this secluded closet. So now they have motive and weapon.
Lester is taking his revenge on everyone in his life who has ever called him a loser.
Yeah, I get that. But I think the writers are stretching it a bit. If the gun is legal and registered properly, there'd be no need for a court order/search warrant for the house. At worst the kid would be suspended or expelled. And as Scott said, that would most likely tip off the brother. I could see Child Protective Services called more than the cops. I'd actually prefer that Lester had miscalculated what he was trying to do. That would be better writing (more truthful) imo. But this week's episode certainly took a leap toward stretched credibility at times. LOL.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The way this show is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the gun in the backpack ends up shooting somebody accidentally.

MarkMel said:
Fish have rained from the sky before and there is a scientific explanation.

http://sciencequestionswithchris.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/can-it-rain-fish/

A little goofy for the show but it does happen.

I didn't like the fish scene. So the kid just happens to get killed by a freak fish storm that can be taken as an "act of God", when the uber-paranoid dad was worried about something like that happening? I hope there's a better explanation for it. A weak spot in an otherwise great show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
If Molly lives, she's probably not going to make out with Gus now.

If the network, for some reason, does make another season of this -- say, a new self-contained story/anthology like American Horror Story (without the repertory company) -- I would love that each season has someone else find the suitcase of money, only to rebury it again with the same scraper by season's end.

It'd be hilarious to see that bag become a Tales From the Crypt-like recurring Macguffin.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
joshEH said:
If the network, for some reason, does make another season of this -- say, a new self-contained story/anthology like American Horror Story (without the repertory company) -- I would love that each season has someone else find the suitcase of money, only to rebury it again with the same scraper by season's end.
That's an awesome idea!

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
He did put the revolver in the backpack empty, so I doubt it will be used to shoot anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks