What's new

Futurama: Volume 3 - Includes Season 3 & 4 ???? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I just checked here and while I'm extremely happy about what I've just read, I'm also a bit skeptical because it sounds too good to be true. Maybe David can give a definite confirmation: Will Futurama: Volume 3 include all of the 3rd and 4th season episodes or is that a mix-up? It sounds odd to me that we'll get 2 seasons in one boxed set, but I'm not gonna complain if its true. :)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I think when FOX aired this show, parts of season three became season four. And parts of season four became season five (even though only four complete seasons were produced). Confusing, I know. Thank FOX for constantly delaying this show.

As it is, I'm sure we're getting all of prodcution season 3 with this box set.

Neil

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Four discs for two seasons? Seems unlikely. It's been released as season 3 in r4, and on a quick skip, the extras look the same as the r4.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
seasons 3 and 4 were actually only season 3 spread out to 2 seasons as aired on tv because of all the preempted shows caused by football and other things.

at least thats the way i remember it.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Ok, so you're saying Season 3 & 4 counts as one season? I guess that means we're gonna get 27 episodes in Volume 3 which is quite a lot. That is, unless they decide to give us only a part of season 4 in Volume 3 and we'll get the remaining Season 4 episodes in Volume 4. I'm getting a headache. :laugh:

Complete Futurama Episode List

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
There were 5 seasons of Futurama on Fox in the US in terms of actual program airing, all varying in length from as little as 13 episodes to as many as 20 per season (but generally somewhere in between those two numbers). However, there will only be 4 volumes on DVD, one for each actual production season.

The upcoming volume 3 will consist of 22 episodes (the biggest production season), including most of my favorites. This will be the biggest DVD set and also the best, as many of the most beloved episodes by fans are included:

Volume 3 contains...

Amazon Women In the Mood
Parasites Lost (my all-time favorite)
A Tale of Two Santas
The Luck of the Fryish
The Bird-bot of Ice-catraz
Bendless Love
The Day the Earth Stood Stupid
That's Lobstertainment!
The Cyber House Rules
Where the Buggalo Roam
Insane in the Mainframe
The Route of All Evil
Bendin' in the Wind
Time Keeps On Slippin'
I Dated a Robot
A Leela of Her Own
A Pharaoh to Remember
Anthology of Interest 2
Roswell That Ends Well
Godfellas
Futurestock
The 30% Iron Chef

-It will include 12 of the 15 episodes that aired during TV season 3 (the other 3 were included in volume 2)

-It includes 9 of the 12 episodes aired during TV season 4 (the remaining 3 will be included on volume 4)

-And the remaining episode on this volume, "The Route of All Evil", was held up until TV season 5 despite the fact that it's hilarious

David M.

Agent
epguides.com is a nice site for tv show episode listings, air dates, production numbers, etc. Futurama's page is epguides.com/Futurama. The sets have been released over in the UK as volume 3 and volume 4. Not by the 5 seasons that were aired over here on Fox.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm...I see I worded that news item badly. I must have still been dazed from all the turkey. I should have not said "Chock-full of episodes from the 3rd and 4th Seasons of the show...", but instead said something more like "Chock-full of all the episodes created during the 3rd production season, which the Fox Network aired during the 3rd and 4th seasons (by airdate) of the show".

I'll go change it, and edit it to include the list of episodes as well. Dane's list is right on-the-mark, and I my failure to include it would have also kept the confusion to a minimum.

Fox Home Entertainment is going in production order. But it's surely confusing when you split between "Production Seasons" and "Airdate Seasons" (I just made an I Love Lucy post that was caused by similar issues). This is why Fox is calling these "Volume #" sets instead of "Season #" sets. Here's the actual list, same as Dane's, just with more info:

Prod #Aired InAir DateTitle
3ACV01Season 302/04/01Amazon Women in the Mood
3ACV02Season 301/21/01Parasites Lost
3ACV03Season 412/23/01A Tale of Two Santas
3ACV04Season 303/11/01Luck of the Fryrish
3ACV05Season 303/04/01Birdbot of Ice-Catraz
3ACV06Season 302/11/01Bendless Love
3ACV07Season 302/18/01The Day the Earth Stood Stupid
3ACV08Season 302/25/01That's Lobstertainment!
3ACV09Season 304/01/01The Cyber House Rules
3ACV10Season 403/03/02Where the Buggalo Roam
3ACV11Season 304/08/01Insane in the Mainframe
3ACV12Season 512/08/02The Route of All Evil
3ACV13Season 304/22/01Bendin' in the Wind
3ACV14Season 305/06/01Time Keeps on Slipping
3ACV15Season 305/13/01I Dated a Robot
3ACV16Season 404/07/02A Leela of Her Own
3ACV17Season 403/10/02A Pharaoh to Remember
3ACV18Season 401/06/02Anthology of Interest 2
3ACV19Season 412/09/01Roswell That Ends Well
3ACV20Season 403/17/02Godfellas
3ACV21Season 403/31/02Futurestock
3ACV22Season 404/14/0230% Iron Chef

Heh, I didn't even realize until just now that one of those is from "Airdate Season #5"! :eek:

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Thanks for clearing things up guys. Still looks to be a great set. And thanks for giving us a sneak peek at the box art for Volume 3 & 4, Dane. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Fans of the series (and I'm pleased to note that there are a LOT) generally refer to the "production" seasons and not the "broadcast". One excellent resource for Futurama info is GotFuturama.com .

More specific to this discussion is their Episode Guide which lists 'em in both 'production' and 'broadcast' order.

March 9th! Excellent! Can't wait for the fourth and final set as well!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Chad, when I'm a millionaire, I'll be sure to revive this series one way or another. :D

Hey, if Family Guy makes a big comeback, Futurama has a chance!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
So ... The Season 4 box will include "Where no Fan has gone Before", right? This, of course, is the Star Trek parody episode featuring the actual voices of Shatner, Nimoy, et al.

I'm not a big Futurama fan, but I am a big Star Trek fan, so I *have* to have this episode!!

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
So ... The Season 4 box will include "Where no Fan has gone Before", right? This, of course, is the Star Trek parody episode featuring the actual voices of Shatner, Nimoy, et al.
There's only 2 items on my ReplayTV that I never erase. Buffy Musical and that Star Trek/Futurama episode

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Sadly Family Guy's return is based on dvd set sales and tv ratings on the cartoon network. I don't think Futurama has generated the same numbers...
Well, DVD sales probably aren't as strong for Futurama as they are for Family Guy (and the most recent buzz about Family Guy certainly has propelled it), but I follow the CN ratings for the shows via GotFuturama.com -- and a couple months ago, at least, Futurama airings had just as many airings as Family Guy crack the network's top 10 shows for the week. There were several weeks when a Futurama ep held the #1 spot for viewership.

If you can't turn a profit from Futurama, you shouldn't be in television.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks