What's new

Futurama returning?!?! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Silence of the Clamps was one of the best episodes of the season. The show is working on all levels.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is the latest active Futurama thread that I could find so I'll post here but the second half of Season Seven starts on June 19.

And the bad news is that Comedy Central has decided to not renew the show for another season after these remaining 13 episodes. Rumor has it that it's already being shopped to other cable channels (and hopefully it'll go to one that isn't so cheap that it stretches one season over two years).

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
It's official, Comedy Central has cancelled Futurama.Series finale will be Sept 4th.Maybe Cartoon Network will pick it up, since they air the new reruns about a week after.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm catching up on Futurama, after falling two seasons behind. They're in rerun on one of the cable stations, so I sic'd Tivo on it. Unfortunately, I found after I'd recorded most of them, they start and end late, and I'm missing the final 30 seconds on most episodes. The start of Season 7(?) has been enjoyable so far, but not hitting the sublime stories that appeared in S3 and S4. However, Benderama and Mobius Dick were weirdly awesome, and Yo Leela Leela was a lot of fun.

I'm thrilled to be catching up after a couple of Fry-less years. And disappointed to learn it's being canceled. Again.

I expect to buy these on disc, as I have past seasons, to watch commentaries. David X Cohen is a riot.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here is a quote from Groening that he told Entertainment Weekly.“It’d be a shame if we all went our separate ways [after this season]. We would love to continue. We have many more stories to tell. But if we don’t, this is a really great way to go out.”

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sorry to see it go, especially after this summer's episodes, which have been great. Here's hoping the show finds yet another way to rise from the ashes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
...especially after this summer's episodes, which have been great.
The Saturday morning cartoon episode was one of the best they've ever done. Whoever came up with the idea of headless Agnew clone riding a motorcycle with Nixon's head in a jar sitting in the sidecar is a genius.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
GNE!No, wait, this isn't good news at all!I've got mixed feelings on Futurama's ending. I love this show and could enjoy mediocre episodes for years to come. But I think this season is not the strongest, they were running out of ideas, and it may have been time to end on its strengths. This is the one show that rewatch. I want to get the last couple seasons on disc and rewatch the entire series again. I also look forward to commentaries on the last couple seasons. As for the last episode: I liked the tone and story they went for. The sympathetic stories with Fry have been the best. The time travel and puzzle stories are also my favorites. So here they tried to roll them up into one grand closer. It didn't come out as one of their greats, but it was strong and enjoyable start to finish. I found it a satisfying series conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks