What's new

Futurama returning?!?! (1 Viewer)

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
They actually wrote a mathematical proof just for this episode.

http://theinfosphere.org/The_Prisoner_of_Benda

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I guess every science fiction show, especially a comedy, has to do the mind-switching gimmick at some point, but I thought this was a little silly. Still, every episode of Futurama has plenty of things to like and this was no exception.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
Still, every episode of Futurama has plenty of things to like and this was no exception.
Same here. As far as I'm concerned, there haven't been any great episodes this year but they've still all been solidly funny episodes (and I'm perfectly happy with that).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved the comic con bit.

I think there have been a few episodes that were really good. Theyve all been funny.

I really loved the ending of the one where they had to keep going foward through time - showing the beginning and end of earth and the galaxy - that was great stuff to watch.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've avoided my own thread, since I couldn't watch. I've now found a way to watch and am through Ep 10, which is just one behind, I think.

I found the Rebirth, EyePhone, and Prisoner of Benda episodes fantastic. Prisoner in particular is one of the funniest Futuramas I've seen; it was pitch-perfect.

And the other episodes have been enjoyable; The Trouble with Catz (I think it was) was quite fun, even if I'm a confused / forgetful on Nibbler being known as a sentient being by anyone but Fry. There have a been some minor continuity gaffes, that might also be explained by me forgetting details across 6 seasons, four movies and nearly 8 years of the show :)

In all, it's a good season so far. If they can pull off one episode on par with The Devil's Hands are an Idle Plaything, or All's Well that's Roswell, then it will be as good as any other seasons, I think.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonZ
I really loved the ending of the one where they had to keep going foward through time - showing the beginning and end of earth and the galaxy - that was great stuff to watch.
That one kind of disturbed me a little.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Originally Posted by DaveF

The Trouble with Catz (I think it was) was quite fun, even if I'm a confused / forgetful on Nibbler being known as a sentient being by anyone but Fry.
Actually, Nibbler forgot to wipe out everyone's minds after the first movie. But since everyone (including Fry) knew he was friendly and still oh, *so* very adorable /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif , everyone simply accepted him for who he was.

When he's needed, his intelligence comes out. But during all other times, he's simply a cuddly-wuddly creature that poops turds that weigh as much as a small sun. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. I watched the movies out of order, and missed that detail. A pity his poop is no longer good as fuel :)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Futurama returned this week (Thursday night) with a double-header of episodes.

The first episode featured the delivery company being foreclosed upon, so converting themselves to an airline, getting stuck on a planet, and all having sex changes.

The second featured many many Benders, going right down to atomic size and interacting with a giant with self-esteem issues.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
Do you know when they will be repeated?
Depending on what coast you're on, right now. :) Looking at Comedy Central's schedule, it's also on tomorrow at 10:30 PM and 11 PM, Monday at 3 AM and 3:30 AM, Thursday at 1 AM (just the first episode) and Thursday night at 9 PM and 9:30 PM before the new episode.
I don't know for sure but I'm assuming those AM times are Sunday night/Monday morning and Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Two terrific episodes this week. I thought the show came back strong after nearly a year off the air. Great animation, particularly in the Benderama episode. I'm going to enjoy the next 12 weeks or so.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I thought they were OK but didn't blow me away. (The replicating Bender episode reminded me too much of an episode of Ugly Americans where something very similar happened with Leonard.)

On a related note, my son was watching Adventure Time and I noticed that Jake the Dog is voiced by the same guy as Bender (performed almost identically).

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
This past week's episode 'Ghost in the Machine' was fun. Decent return to form, and a nice revival of the Robot Devil (and Robot God -- who looked familiar, but I couldn't place the astoundingly obvious reference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks