Futurama ratings on Cartoon Network?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Apr 23, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just curious, but has anyone seen the shows ratings for it's CN showings? Now that it's on in a fixed timeslot, and NEVER gets pre-empted, I'm wondering if they are improved, or ten times better than what Fox is reporting.

Maby it would be enough of an outpouring for Cartoon Network to consider renewing the show, since everyone involved has expressed intrest to continue..

2. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

The target audience for Adult Swim - where Futurama airs on Cartoon Network - is Adults 18-34. With that in mind, Futurama has been averaging almost 500,000 A18-34 viewers per episode. Futurama on Fox has been averaging roughly 3x that, or 1.5 million A18-34.

It would be sweet if Toon would start making new episodes, but unfortunately it would be cost-prohibitive for the network. They'd never be able to make enough money back in ad-sales to justify the cost. Hell, just buying the rights to air the show in the first place was more money than the network had ever spent on an acquisition before.

Andy

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Speaking of this, does anyone know when they'll run "new" episodes on CN? They are already running the episodes for the second time now, and since I saw them all on CN not too long ago I'm not watching right now. Also, it used to be on at midnight here which was perfect because Tivo records "The Tonight Show" at 10:35pm to 11:37 pm, but now "Futurama" is on at 11 pm (because we don't have DST and we're getting the westcoast feed) so I'm not recording it right now since they are only showing reruns.

4. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Great, since DST is gone by then it'll be on at midnight again then. [​IMG]