What's new

FUTURAMA 7/13/'03: "Spanish Fry" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
"Spanish Fry"

summary:

[*]Fry (at the end): "I never thought I'd escape with my doodle, but I pulled it out."[/list]
This one is both funny and clever, and we're down, I think, to a precious four episodes, a two-parter featuring Bender, a final episode with the Robot Devil, and one other.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The wonderful take-off on the grainy and/or out-of-focus Bigfoot "documentaries" of the 1970s.
I remember Groening mentioning when this show started that he wanted to really do something that shows the animators off, since The Simpsons really doesn't. I liked this sequence, because they really did seem to be doing a couple neat things with animation style.

Not one of my favorite Futuramae (they generally don't lean so heavily on one joke), but amusing enough.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
In the DVD commentaries, they mention hwo they originally wanted to remix the theme every episode, but ended up not doing it. I guess for these last few they pulled out all stops. Bender's constant jokes were a riot.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I loved last night's episode.. Maybe because I'm an avid backpacker/camper. Where can I get one of those popup tents? :)

Plus the fact I was responding to a tent question by a HTF'er on After Hours just as Futurama was beginning..:)

I, too, was laughing at Bender's cracks on Fry, especially the one with the Jerk Chicken and Lrrrrrr's comment about needing to have Fry's Lower Horn jerked... :laugh:

One question: What was the alien abduction tube a spoof of? It kind of remined me of the Pipes screensaver on W2k or NT. 'Hey, what's this tube?' Or was it just a sight gag not spoofing anything?

Jay

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
One question: What was the alien abduction tube a spoof of? It kind of remined me of the Pipes screensaver on W2k or NT. 'Hey, what's this tube?' Or was it just a sight gag not spoofing anything?
It also reminded me of that screensaver. (I think that's what was intended.)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Bender's timed wise-cracking comments about Fry's manly endowments.
I totally love Futurama, but I think I'm the only one who didn't like this. It seemed to be a bit much. One or two would have been funny, but it just seemed like they were reaching for laughs.

A lot of the jokes seemed a bit forced. Most of the gags have already been played to death.

A definite downer for me :frowning:

StephenA

Screenwriter
I loved this episode too. Very funny. The only thing that kind of annoyed me was when Bender kept saying woo after his jokes. My favorite part was the reference to the 1967 "film" of bigfoot when the bigfoot in the show turned and looked back at the aliens like the one in he film did.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Another one I missed. Just because I got in the habit of it not being on. Was that the last one?

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Rex,

Any ideas on how soon these last few will be appearing on the Cartoon Network? I missed 3 out of the last 4!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks