What's new

Funny Face 50th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
Paramount continues to recycle their titles. Upcoming is an anniversary edition of the Fred Astaire-Audrey Hepburn musical FUNNY FACE. Many people have complained about this DVD print, so hopefully Paramount has remastered the film. As I said before Paramount does not seem interested in dipping into their catalogue of films not yet released on DVD.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
Any ideas on what the extras are? I just got this dvd last Christmas.

Yeah I wish Paramount would release other movies instead of re-releasing other movies.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
That came out wrong. I just meant that Paramount should be releasing other movies instead of coming out with new editions with the same movies.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Happy to hear about a 50th Anniversary Edition of FUNNY FACE. The current DVD is one of the worst-looking I have ever seen which is truly a shame considering how enchantingly beautiful the film itself is with its colors and costumes.

The eternal optimist in me is still hoping that films like SEPTEMBER AFFAIR with Joan Fontaine and Joseph Cotten, Fred Astaire's LET'S DANCE and Danny Kaye's hilarious KNOCK ON WOOD will be released at some point!!!! Also, THE RAT RACE with Tony Curtis and Debbie Reynolds, PAID IN FULL with Lizabeth Scott, RED MOUNTAIN with Alan Ladd and ABOUT MRS. LESLIE with Shirley Booth and Robert Ryan.

Come on Paramount!!!

Charles H

Screenwriter
Also: PLEASURE OF HIS COMPANY, SOMEBODY LOVES ME, BEAU JAMES, OFF LIMITS, MY FAVORITE SPY, KAFKA, MR. MUSIC, LITTLE BOY LOST, THE BUCCANEER, SAMSON AND DELILAH, THE PROUD AND THE PROFANE, THE VAGABOND KING, HERE COME THE GIRLS, BUT NOT FOR ME, PONY EXPRESS, PROMISE HER ANYTHING, FOREVER FEMALE, SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR, DARLING, HOW COULD YOU?, THE MATING SEASON, HITLER: THE LAST TEN DAYS, LITTLE FAUSS AND BIG HAKSEY, LOVE WITH A PROPER STRANGER, PAID IN FULL, THE MOUNTAIN, WATERLOO, RIOT, HURRY SUNDOWN, SKIDOO, SUCH GOOD FRIENDS, TELL ME YOU LOVE ME, JUNIE MOON, HOUDINI, ASSAULT ON THE QUEEN, MY SON JOHN, PAPA'S DELICATE CONDITION, THE ADVENTURES OF MOLL FLANDERS, THE SEARCH FOR BRIDIE MURPHY, WHERE LOVE HAS GONE, HELL'S ISLAND, RUN FOR COVER, ASH WEDNESDAY, ARIZONA BUSHWHACKERS, HOT SPELL, BOEING, BOEING, ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH, TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS, THE POSSESSION OF JOEL DELANET, WILD IS THE WIND, THE SLENDER THREAD, DOWNHILL RACER, SITUATION HOPELESS...BUT NOT SERIOUS, LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR, HANNIE CALDER, ON THE DOUBLE, BEYOND THE LIMIT, WINGS, THE SEIAL, THAT CERTAIN FEELING, OH, DAD, POOR DAD...., RED LINE 7000, STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND, UNDER TEN FLAGS.....and a repackaging of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3....

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They remastered To Catch a Thief, another VistaVision film of the same vintage, so hopefully this gets the same treatment.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
As much as I would like to see more previously unreleased titles, I also do not have a problem with them circling back and fixing the titles that they did not get right in the first place. If a remastered "Funny Face" looks as good or better than the DVDs of VistaVision titles like "Gunfight at the OK Corral" and the remastered "To Catch a Thief" than I will welcome it with open wallet. Similarly, I would not mind them circling back on "The Court Jester" to get that one right.

Regards,

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I wouldn't mind a decent re-do of White Christmas. Also would kill for a well-done HD version of The Ten Commandments.

Corey

Screenwriter
I wonder what extras are going to be included. I'm glad I held off buying the old copy cause I saw it for under $7 a lot of places.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

According to DVD Empire, it doesn't sound like much:

Features:
Givenchy & His Muse
Parisian Dreams
Paramount in the '50's - Retrospective Featurette
Photo Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Well, that should be enough IF there's a much better transfer this time. And given Paramount's track record on redos Breakfast at Tiffany's and To Catch a Thief, it most probably will be.

Not my favorite Audrey movie, but I'll double dip for an improved picture.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
How about FUNNY FACE in HD? THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!! There arw HD owners over 40!!!! More than twenty something Paramount executives realize!!!!

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
The yellow and orange doors and the lack of the green wash down the center of the frame lead me to believe a new source was used for this transfer. I hope the red scene, in the darkroom, is viewable this time around. Last time it was so dark the choreography was lost. There were also "dots" seen on the image, much the same as the VHS "VERTIGO" transfer.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Look at the screencaps from the bookstore scene -- there are books visible in the new version that weren't in the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks